John deere 410 loader problem

/ John deere 410 loader problem #1  

rsmith02184

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4100
A year ago I was using my jd4100 to mow and all of a sudden the front bucket on the FFEL was scraping the ground. I realized the dump function on my FEL was activiting even though I wasn't touching the joystick.

So, the FEL will stay in the raised/lowered position but it won't stop dumping the bucket forward.

How do I determine if this is a cylinder issue vs. something else like a selector valve?

Thanks

/ John deere 410 loader problem #2  
I would try in hooking the disconnects and plug them in again. After that, I would lean toward the selector valve having something broken.

/ John deere 410 loader problem #3  
Or you could unhook the bucket hoses and hook them in the ''raise\lowered boom'' coupling and vise versa. If the boom doesn't hold then it's possibly the selector. If the bucket still can't hold then it would be the cylinder.

/ John deere 410 loader problem #4  
It could also be the seals inside the bucket cylinders. Henri88 nailed it for diagnostics. If you switch everything around and it still drops more than likely it's the seals in the cylinders.

/ John deere 410 loader problem #5  
When you roll it back, just how quickly does it dump forward again? If it is fairly quickly, you might have got some air in the system somehow. If it takes a little time, you should check it as posted above and move forwards from there.