John deere 455 Lawn tractor.

/ John deere 455 Lawn tractor. #1  

turfranger

Tractor
John Deere 455 diesel
Turn key; dashboard lights come on; but no click from solenoid switch on left side near fuel filter. I have checked all fuses. Help?

/ John deere 455 Lawn tractor. #2  
It sounds as though you may have an issue with a safety interlock. Are the blades disengaged? Are you depressing the clutch? I hope you're sitting in the seat. If you have a hydrostatic transmission you may have a switch on that to detect whether it is depressed.

/ John deere 455 Lawn tractor. #3  
455 is hydrostatic.
How is the battery? Age? Have cleaned all the battery cable connections? Some places to start to locate the problem.

/ John deere 455 Lawn tractor.
Tried everything. I got power; but cannot get solenoid to click.on. Is their a fuse to control the solenoid? Once you turn the key there is usually a click on the part near the fuel filter. This part will not click on.

Attachments

• Solenoid switch.JPG
    Solenoid switch.JPG
    1,022.7 KB · Views: 79
   / John deere 455 Lawn tractor. #5  
It is possible you have a defective ignition switch. I couldn't get the starter to engage on my ten year old Craftsman though the key would power the ignition. I added a button to engage the starter and lived happily ever after. If you can get a diagram of the switch check it out for continuity.

/ John deere 455 Lawn tractor. #6  
PTO switch on?