John Deere 5075 E Won't start

/ John Deere 5075 E Won't start #1  

SuperDave62

Tractor
Binford 6200
Turn the key and the battery is dead. Cleaned off the posts and reattached the cables, still won't start. Tried jumping it off with my truck, jumpers have been attached for a good 15 minutes. Still nothing. Not so much as a click when I turn the key.

It's probably been two months since I ran it.

Any suggestions?

/ John Deere 5075 E Won't start
I MAY have solved the issue. Took it out to put it on a charger and it's a four year old battery. Still, if you have any suggestions, I would appreciate them. If the charger doesn't do it I will head to NAPA tomorrow to get a new battery.

/ John Deere 5075 E Won't start #3  
When that happened to our M59 last year it turned out to be the battery cables themselves. The ends that connected to the battery seemed good when I cleaned off the corrosion, but it turned out that the copper itself was completely gone inside the insulation for about an inch back from the battery terminal connectors. When I felt the cable, the corrosion was hard like wire and that fooled me.
I ended up buying some new terminal connectors on Amazon or Napa...forget which...., cutting the cable back to good wire, and clamping them on.

BTW, that OEM wet cell battery lasted 15 years but it did make enough fumes to require cleaning the cables every few years. Even the connection to the frame was corroded. I didn't realize the same fumes were reaching into the battery cables and traveling inside the insulation. The neg. cable was the most affected.

If that doesn't do it, open the fuse box and check the fuses - particularly the 5 amp fuse. It's the one for the safety switch under the seat.

I really ought to replace the cables and ends both some day. I've already replaced the battery with an AGM.
rScotty

/ John Deere 5075 E Won't start #4  
Yeah, dont just go buy a battery. Jumping a dead battery should sttill get you a slow crank. So likely not the battery

/ John Deere 5075 E Won't start #5  
A connector somewhere in the solenoid circuit or the solenoid itself is more likely if no clicking