John Deere 5525 electrical problem

/ John Deere 5525 electrical problem #11  
yes .. well I've been using a cicuit breaker mini fuse instead & it resets after it clicks . It seems odd the it would be a wire short . After reading of sensors shorting out . It would be great if i could get the schroud off around the seering column .

/ John Deere 5525 electrical problem #12  
I had this exact same issue last week on my 5083e, and it was the cold start sensor. Unplugged it, and it fired right up and ran fine. Went to the dealer and got the sensor, and he said he had sold 3 of those the day I was there. Talked to the service manager and he said most people just unplug it and leave it, as it seldom gets cold enough to need it here.
If that is not the sensor that is your issue, try other ones. There are a couple I believe around the injection pump. Could be the fuel pump solenoid.

Good Luck

/ John Deere 5525 electrical problem #13  
You need to find out everything on that fuse. See if the service department will print that section of the wiring diagram for you. Then disconnect each item. If the fuse still blows, it's wiring, if not it's something you disconnected.

/ John Deere 5525 electrical problem #14  
My cab 5525 will not turn over, when I turn the key none of the gauges or lights come on but when I turn the light switch on the dash on the head light and blinkers work but nothing when I use the key....why don't I have power going to the ignition?
Usually when the lights work but it won't operate the starter, you have a bad connection. I mean battery post, or maybe the end of a big cable. If it has gas station add on ends, clean it up. Scrape inside of terminal out, clean battery post to make it shiny. If still persists, I have taken cables loose and hammered the crimp tighter. Be sure to remove both ends of ground and clean. Is battery health good? Bad connections also affect charging. My dad bought a $300 solenoid, after I told him it was a cable. He was so sure, and he is an electrician. But he ended up using the solenoid on the string cutter on the hay baler, since he had an extra, good one, because it was a cable after all.

/ John Deere 5525 electrical problem #15  
Where does the operator presence switch plug into. I am assuming this is why the power reverser does not function.