John Deere 790 stuck in the middle of the field, dead, won't stay running.

/ John Deere 790 stuck in the middle of the field, dead, won't stay running. #31  
Your comment about the motor slowed down and died and won't start tells me it's a fuel issue.

/ John Deere 790 stuck in the middle of the field, dead, won't stay running. #32  
. . .
So now the question is: are their manuals for these things like Chilton and Edmunds for cars? I really need a shop manual to know where to look for filters, fuses, switches, wiring diagrams, etc.

Thanks

Try Googling “Deere 790 service manual.”

In addition to the service manual, you could also use the owners manual.

/ John Deere 790 stuck in the middle of the field, dead, won't stay running. #33  
Have you checked the oil? Is there a low oil/pressure switch that may be flaky? Maybe the oil is right at the point of tripping/not tripping the sensor. Is there an oil pressure gauge on your dash? As oil temperature increases from use, it gets thinner tripping the sensor?

No idea about your machine, just spitballing.

/ John Deere 790 stuck in the middle of the field, dead, won't stay running.
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS POSTED! Lots of good info. I have a pretty good idea now where and how to deal with this. That wiring diagram really helped and I agree it's fuel and safety/sensor/switch issue. Now I just gotta fine which one(s). ;-)

I can only work on it on the weekend right now and even that is very busy. (Fall, back to school, etc) At least it's back at the yard and not stuck out in the field. And I did get some work done. (But not all.. But is there ever a day when you get everything done? ;-) )