/ John Deere 855 Loader?? #1  

TreeClimber88

Tractor
John Deere 855
Hey guys, I have an 1989-90 John Deere 855 which I love and would love to buy a used loader to add to it. I do not want a new one as they cost as much as the tractor is worth!

My question is.....

What loaders will fit on it? Will a John Deere 48 loader fit?
There is one here about 8 hrs for $3000 CAD and will gladly drive to it if it fits.

I have done a ton of googling and asking questions and found these John Deere loaders will fit.

-70A
-300cx

I am located in Northern Ontario, Canada.

Thanks for any info or advice!!

/ John Deere 855 Loader?? #2  
I bought the 60A loader for my JD650 brand new 25 years ago. It was an okay loader, but could have been better. It was no rigid to the chassis of the tractor, as it was removable. The fit of the columns into the receiver pockets was sloppy enough that the whole loader would wiggle. The columns were not stiff enough, and as you lifted a load, they would wobble side to side. It was okay, and I used it until last summer when I lost the tractor in a fire. But, now that I have replaced it with a 1025R with a loader, the new loader is miles ahead in quality. If you're buying, in might be better to not buy the less good older technology.

/ John Deere 855 Loader??
I bought the 60A loader for my JD650 brand new 25 years ago. It was an okay loader, but could have been better. It was no rigid to the chassis of the tractor, as it was removable. The fit of the columns into the receiver pockets was sloppy enough that the whole loader would wiggle. The columns were not stiff enough, and as you lifted a load, they would wobble side to side. It was okay, and I used it until last summer when I lost the tractor in a fire. But, now that I have replaced it with a 1025R with a loader, the new loader is miles ahead in quality. If you're buying, in might be better to not buy the less good older technology.
Thanks for the heads up!

/ John Deere 855 Loader?? #4  
I have an 1989-90 John Deere 855. I would love to add a used loader to it. I do not want a new one as they cost as much as the tractor is worth!

I am located in Northern Ontario, Canada.

SPLIT-FIRE is a Canadian company.

SPLIT-FIRE Three Point Hitch mounted SUBSTITUTE for the tractor Front End Loader:

7052558_orig.jpg

The Pat’s Easy Mover is a front end loader style bucket that attaches to the rear of your tractor using an included 3 point hitch trailer mover/toolbar. Pat’s Easy Moverprovides a lower cost way to complete many of the tasks that were previously only possible with expensive front end loaders, including digging, scooping and spreading. In addition to the bucket, the system also includes a removable tailgate that allows it to functions as a transport box. Or the entire bucket can be removed, leaving a trailer mover/toolbar with a 2” receiver hitch and the capability to accept a gooseneck ball. The Pat’s Easy Mover is made in the USA and is available in 4’ and 5’ models. Both of the models use a category 1 trailer mover/toolbar and carry a one year warranty.

4' Bucket - 48" x 24" x 14" approx 9cft $750.00 plus shipping
5' Bucket - 60" x 28" x 14" approx 17cft $800.00 plus shipping

Picture

------ 0 ------​

WESTENDORF​

WR-20 & WR-30​

Product Details​

Versatility At Your Fingertips
The WR-20 is designed to attach to a tractor's 3-point on tractors up to 27 HP. The WR-30 fits a tractor's 3-point from 20 to 80 HP. The Auto-Dump™ works with easy one-lever control, the same lever that controls your 3-point. A great solution for small and older 2WD tractors that cannot fit a front-end loader. It is a great solution for farmers, acreage owners, weekend farmers, construction companies, large poultry businesses, nurserymen, snow removal companies, rental companies, schools, golf courses, and much more. The Auto-Dump™ is great for digging, scooping, and hauling material of all types. It can be used to scrape, level, bank, and backfill. Makes quick work of moving tree branches, bricks, bales of hay, firewood, tools, lawn and garden supplies or any job you might use a wheelbarrow for. You get all these great features of a front-end loader for a fraction of the cost.

The WR-20 & WR-30 Auto-Dump™ features:
  • Lift height of the WR-20 is 18" to 28".
  • Lift height of the WR-30 is 30" to 40".
  • The dump angle of the WR-20 is up to 55°, and the dump angle of the WR-30 is up to 52°.
  • WR-20 comes with heavy-duty bucket with a width of 48" and a bucket capacity of 3 cubic feet or a width of 60" and bucket capacity of 3.5 cubic feet .
  • WR-30 comes with heavy-duty bucket with a width of 60" and a bucket capacity of 11 cubic feet or a width of 72" and bucket capacity of 13 cubic feet .
  • No additional hydraulics are required.
  • Easy one-lever control. The same lever that controls your 3-point hitch.
  • Attaches quickly and easily to your tractor and there are no brackets left on the tractor when the Auto-Dump™ is removed.
  • Gives you a high bucket rise for the best possible ground clearance, allowing you to pile snow, dirt, gravel, or sand higher than the blade.

Last edited:
   / John Deere 855 Loader?? #5  
TC88.... Greetings from far north west BC...

When I had my old JD855 it had a number 52 or 54 (?) loader.. I know they came with the number 70 loader also..

As much as I loved and miss that old tractor the compattable attachments could be found for it.. But the hard part was finding the correct connecting parts compattable with both the attachment and tractor..

Good luck..