john deere 970

/ john deere 970 #1  

rojo

I have a 970 that has no way of checking the front axle fluid level. There is no plug, except on the very bottm. There is no dip stick or any other way to check the fluid. Does anyone have any suggestions?

/ john deere 970 #2  
I have a 970 that has no way of checking the front axle fluid level. There is no plug, except on the very bottm. There is no dip stick or any other way to check the fluid. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Their should typically be two plugs, kinda like on transfer cases in autos.

One is a drain plug, and their should be a plug above that somewhere that us used as the fill/level plug. Just like a t-case or rear-end in a car. Fill just to the level of that plug and thats it.

Do you have a operaters/owners manual for that tractor? If ot, I would reccomend buying/getting one and the details should be in there.

/ john deere 970
I do have an owners manual and it shows a dip stick that screws into the top of the axle. It does not have one. I have looked all over the axle and it does not have another plug to check the fluid level. I think John Deere forgot to put a check plug or dip stick in this axle, but just not sure.

/ john deere 970 #4  
Pictures?????

/ john deere 970 #5  
JD 970 tech manual shows these fill and drain plugs. I also have the operator manual, and it shows this same fill plug. The picture next to it with the dip stick in the operator manual is for the 870.

Attachments

• 970 fill plug1.jpg
    970 fill plug1.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 439
   / john deere 970 #6  
This plug (7 or 20). looks alot like a dipstick.;)
970steer.JPG

/ john deere 970
These pictures are helpful, I will look at it tonight and let you know. Thanks

/ john deere 970
Thanks for the help guys, I see how to do it now. Thanks again.

/ john deere 970 #9  
Glad to help. Be safe.