Disc Harrow John Deere H2000 disc harrow

/ John Deere H2000 disc harrow #1  

kebo

Elite Member
Tractor
2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires
Hi folks, been away from this forum for a LONGGGG time, but have a question..... please see the attached picture. I believe this to be a 5ft John Deere H2000 disc harrow, which belongs to my hunt club. It's in need of repair as some of the discs are broken, and a couple bearings need to be replaced. Were these discs originally 20"? I measured some of them and they seem to be about 19", so I would assume that's because of the years of wear on them. Can someone tell what size the gang shaft is? Is it square or round? I suspect it's square, myself. Also, what bearing does this model take? We are going to try and tear into it next week, and get it back to working form so we can plant our food plots this fall, but I wanted to see if could go ahead and start getting some prices on replacement parts. Thanks! Keith

Attachments

• John Deere H2000 disc harrow.jpg
    John Deere H2000 disc harrow.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
   / John Deere H2000 disc harrow #2  
Deere has a very good parts diagram website that should provide you Deere p/n for everything. You can then use Deere numbers as cross reference for optional parts.

/ John Deere H2000 disc harrow #3  
Deere has a very good parts diagram website that should provide you Deere p/n for everything. You can then use Deere numbers as cross reference for optional parts.
X2 what he said, if not go ahead and take 1 gang apart, most likely you can get the bearings at NAPA or Agri-Supply and save some money, and you will definitely save some money on the disc blades at Agri-Supply.

/ John Deere H2000 disc harrow
Yep, I'm well aware of the online parts store, but all I have to go on is "H2000" and it doesn't recognize that model. This is a VERY OLD disc harrow, and maybe they haven't gone back and converted it to the modern way of being online??

/ John Deere H2000 disc harrow
X2 what he said, if not go ahead and take 1 gang apart, most likely you can get the bearings at NAPA or Agri-Supply and save some money, and you will definitely save some money on the disc blades at Agri-Supply.
I was planning to make a trip to the closest Agri-Supply store to get the discs, for sure. They beat the local Tractor Supply pricewise, and as heavy as these are (we'll probably buy at least 8 discs), it would be cost prohibitive to have them shipped. I have a local guy who has good prices on bearings, assuming he can source them from somewhere. We'll take one gang apart next week and see what we are dealing with. Thanks!