John Deere LT160 brake pads

/ John Deere LT160 brake pads #1  

scaredychicken

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 160 (1988), Arctic Cat 400 ATV (2006), Kubota BX23S (2018), Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 (1969), Cub Cadet RZT S50 zero turn mower (2012)
So my 1988 ride-on mower with a Kawasaki engine, has had lousy brakes for about 5 yrs. I stopped using it, in favour of other, newer options. I bought some brake pads (x2) at THE local specialty yard equipment place about three years ago (that business has since shut down). I had the idea of replacing the brakes when I had time, and then carrying on.

- They are tiny
- I put them in the ashtray of my Civic and forgot about them when the insurance lapsed
- Daughter needed a commuter and took the Civic for about 6 months, so things were cleaned out quickly and tossed into a misc box, and put in the garage
- brake pads never to be seen ... until TODAY, some 2 yrs later :)
- Now to get the old machine useful again.

1622519412009.png
1622520089894.png

/ John Deere LT160 brake pads #2  
Hats off to you. You've allowed her to age really well. (y)

/ John Deere LT160 brake pads
tomplum - thank you for the nice comment. Although my LT160 looks good and has all the attachments, that photo is actually a quick internet find. Tractor Data photo library, I believe.

/ John Deere LT160 brake pads #4  
Now that's not fair! ;) Lt160 is a good ride as well. Just like that girl on the internet dating site, wasn't her either....

Now that's not fair! ;) Lt160 is a good ride as well. Just like that girl on the internet dating site, wasn't her either....
Hahahaha - I DO have the LT160 with the bagger etc...just not that one in the photo :) good machine, Kawasaki engine, can't kill it.

/ John Deere LT160 brake pads #6  
Don't ever say that can't kill it! So you must have an old 160 if you have a Kawi? Now we'll need pics...

1622706854898.png

/ John Deere LT160 brake pads #8  
She's a beast. Does whatever you need her to do.(y)

She's a beast. Does whatever you need her to do.(y)
and it has gone EVERYWHERE on the property, without complaint ... needs new brakes :)