John Deere M806418 engine oil filter

/ John Deere M806418 engine oil filter #1  

IH3444

Veteran Member
Does anyone know who manufactures the JD OEM engine oil filter M806418? I have read that it is a Fram filter and others have stated it is a WIX filter. If so, what is the equivalent in those brands. I have found that the Fram 6607 filter has the closes dimensions to the JD OEM filter. I'm looking to use a higher quality filter replacement, such as a Fram FE6607, Endurance fully synthetic filter material, or if it fits the taller FE 7317. I want to filter as much soot as possible out of the fully synthetic oil I am using.

/ John Deere M806418 engine oil filter #2  
Higher quality and Fram in the same sentence is usually considered an oxymoron.
Fram has a reputation for making the cheapest lowest quality filters in the industry, especially as relates to the internal bypass in the filter.

What makes you think that the JD filter is low quality?
It's been my experience that the JD filter is usually the same price online as you can get the equivalent Wix or Baldwin for, so it makes sense to use the filter the JD engineers intended.

/ John Deere M806418 engine oil filter

/ John Deere M806418 engine oil filter #5  
I would also consider the Yanmar filter 119305-35170 which is the equivalent to M806418 -again what the engineers intended.

Hard to beat $9:

Judging by the many thousands of hours a Yanmar diesel typically lasts, I trust the Yanmar engineers over some clickbait doofus on youtube every time

Looked at those also already. Thanks. Not a good local supplier and afraid of online counterfeits. Neighbor had a dealer OEM JD engine oil filter fail for his 1986 JD 650 tractor. I want as much soot removed from the engine oil as possible.

/ John Deere M806418 engine oil filter #7  
I wouldn’t put a Fram oil filter on anything I own. No way Jose.

The Kubota oil filter is the same size and thread, plus it is made with synthetic filter media. Its part number is HH150-32430. About $13 from Messicks. Regular JD is about $11. Boss Purolator is around $17.