John Deere parts availability?

/ John Deere parts availability? #1  

popsx3

I've seen mentioned on this site several times that parts and service from Deere is not as easy to get compared to Kubota and Mahindra. I'm looking around and see more JD used for sale than the other 2 brands. 38-45 hp units. I guess my question is are after market parts easily available for Deere or are you limited to dealer high prices?
Thanks,

/ John Deere parts availability? #2  
Don't know where your info is coming from, but JD parts are pretty easy to get.. next day delivery if paying shipping. Free shipping if on the dealers order every 2-3 days. Sometimes sooner if moved from a dealers other shop when available. No experience with the others you mention, but have heard the opposite for both of them.

What model Deere have you been having trouble with and what parts are not available?

Service will depend on the dealer I believe, and will depend on their workload from other customers. A customer like myself who purchased my JD 4300 22 years ago and has been a great tractor with essentially no problems, I'd expect isn't on the top of the list to get service compared to the local farmer who owns several JD tractors and other expensive machines and depends on those machines to operate non-stop day in and day out. At least I would expect that would be the case for all dealers.

/ John Deere parts availability? #3  
+1 But individual parts availability is a problem. You can get an assembly easily enough, but one part of the assembly may be unobtainable. For example, the tie rod boot is not available by itself but only as part of the entire tie rod assembly at many $$$$. In searching for an independent supplier, i didn't find one for an exact match, but did find something that seems to be close.

/ John Deere parts availability? #4  
For the very few parts that I've needed for my 15-year old JD 3520, parts have been readily available from JD dealers and many other resellers online. No issues at all. Pricing sometimes depends on the actual part; common parts are usually competitively priced whereas less common parts may cost more from JD. Again, no concerns from me.

/ John Deere parts availability? #5  
I have a 60 year old John Deere 2020 diesel. Any part I've ever needed has been readily available - usually got it the next day.

/ John Deere parts availability? #6  
I have had more trouble getting parts for a 30+ year old JD lawn tractor than a 46 year old JD utility tractor. But the lawn tractor (JD 285) had been succeeded by several replacement models and I am sure JD does not expect people to keep them as long as farm tractors.

I would guess you are seeing more JD compact tractors for sale due to volume sold, not lack of parts support.

/ John Deere parts availability? #7  
Can't speak for Mahindra. I've had Kubota since 2004. JD since 1979. Don't have any problems getting parts for either. I usually get the JD parts across the counter because the dealer is 10 miles away. I usually online order Kubota parts because the dealer is 45 miles away.

Zebra nailed it in regards to number of used units based on sales of new units.

/ John Deere parts availability? #8  
Here is my experience (limited to lawn and garden):

I have an old (early 1970's) JD110 lawn tractor that I can still get parts for. The Dealer usually has to order them and it may take a week or 2 to get it from a central Deere warehouse but I have not had trouble getting ANY part for it, and this is on a 50-year-old piece of equipment.
My "daily use" mower is a 1996 JD345. My dealer still carries most parts for this in inventory. The ones he doesn't stock usually show up next day.
I also have various Deere attachments, power tools, etc. I have not had any trouble getting parts for those either.

/ John Deere parts availability? #9  
I don’t know that JD is better than others for parts availability but they seem to be as good as.

/ John Deere parts availability? #10  
The jdparts is available for getting part numbers, and then can google those numbers to locate the parts on places like eBay, other Deere dealers catering to the internet sales, as well as dealers selling through Amazon. Being cautious of the aftermarket parts, is what I try to do.

I think other brands have been forced to catch up with Deere with Deere's next day parts program, and whether they are as good.. don't know and don't plan to ever find out.. :D