Comparison John Deere Vs. Kubota

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #12  
Im gonna say in (under 50hp) tractors going to give it to the GrandL, (50 to 100hp) its Kubota for me comparing JohnDeers E series to Kubota M series,operator station to me just laid out better(other than that flip a coin).Over 100hp JohnDeere premium series tractors or going to be hard to be beat by any(Massey comes in second for me). Kubota will never get anywhere in the higher hp without dropping that dang 4cyl. and going to a 6cyl.

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #13  
Same question you posted in the Kubota forum...what are you...bored?
Same answer...buy the one you like the best and don't make it any more complicated then that.

Wow Roy...nice strong welcome to this forum for someone just trying to gather information.

lost

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #15  
All in the dealer really.

I'm in the unfortunate advantage of only having 2 choices for JD and 2 for Kubota.

Problem is, the 2 Kubota dealerships, 1 is really far away (over an hour) and the other is... rather rude. (Meaning, if you don't have a check in hand to buy X product, leave.)

The Issues with my 2 JD dealers are distance (1 is an hour away, 1 is 45 minutes away) and 1 is way over priced (due to the local influx of money from drilling - wanted 20k for a 1026r with a FEL and mower), the other is a little high, but great to deal with.

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #16  
I felt compelled to visit this even though I answered it on the Kubota Forum and there is someone knocking Kubota. Overall I am very impressed with the general non biased opinions of the posters. We owns several different brands including John Deere and really see neither brand as better across the board. I like some models better than others between the two and spend a lot of time drooling over the 7000 and 8000 Series units our renters use and they have a nice little 4610 eHydro too.

They like my tractors and I like theirs though I don't think there is much chance of them ever getting a Kubota.

I have also seen some Kioti, Massey and NH that I like, but you can only have so many.

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #17  
All in the dealer really.

I'm in the unfortunate advantage of only having 2 choices for JD and 2 for Kubota.

Problem is, the 2 Kubota dealerships, 1 is really far away (over an hour) and the other is... rather rude. (Meaning, if you don't have a check in hand to buy X product, leave.)

The Issues with my 2 JD dealers are distance (1 is an hour away, 1 is 45 minutes away) and 1 is way over priced (due to the local influx of money from drilling - wanted 20k for a 1026r with a FEL and mower), the other is a little high, but great to deal with.

My good, good local dealer is New Holland (on my way to work), who I've bought 3 new large tractors off of, several attachments, and a zero turn. Everything else I have listed, I've bought used from around the country. The 806 came from Green Bay, the 301.5 came from Florida, along with the 910. The 317 came from Philadelphia.

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #18  
It is simple unless you make it complicated.

1) Figure out what you "need" for a tractors (specs)
2) Visit all dealers in your area who carry tractors that meet those specs - you are looking to determine 2 things:
a) Which tractors do you like the best (seat of the pants feel, how comfortable it is for you, how logical the operating station for the way you think)
b) Which dealer will support you the best during AND AFTER the sale.

With any luck you'll be down to one choice. If not you've got some good dealers in your area, or two tractors are very close for your personal comfort. Just pick the one you lean towards:)

I purchased a Deere recently and went to my two closest dealers. I ended up purchasing from the one that was further away due to reputation, how they treated me (no BS), and a good solid price. I'm fairly certain I could have shopped a bit further afield and gotten a "rock bottom" price, but these folks gave me a very, very good price and are known for taking care of their customers extremely well - which is worth far more to me than a few hundred $$.

Besides, looking at tractors can be fun:) And you don't need to look at every single brand in the area - after operating a treadle hydro tractor I knew that I personally didn't like them (though I'm sure I could get used to it if other things were "better"), so I focused on cabs with two pedal hydro. Kioti's were nice, and much cheaper, but the fellow who had the dealership lost it and locally I would only have purchased from him. IMhO Kioti really shot themselves in the foot closing lots of small mom and pop dealers. There were some folks that were local and gave great services and really had a clue. Between that and the fit and finish and factory extra options that I wanted (more scv's mostly) I went Deere.

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #20  
Im gonna say in (under 50hp) tractors going to give it to the GrandL, (50 to 100hp) its Kubota for me comparing JohnDeers E series to Kubota M series,operator station to me just laid out better(other than that flip a coin).Over 100hp JohnDeere premium series tractors or going to be hard to be beat by any(Massey comes in second for me). Kubota will never get anywhere in the higher hp without dropping that dang 4cyl. and going to a 6cyl.
l

I agree completely and would give the nod to the dealership that has the best parts and service department.When I bought my first tractor some 20 years ago,I asked a family friend who had been farming for over 50 years then,very successfully with different makes of machinery"Which tractor is best", He replied" One you can get parts for".I took this to mean that most tractors will do the job as advertised,sometimes they break and the important thing is to get it back in order asap.I have followed his advice and have been pleased with all purchases to date.
John