John Deere Walk Behind Snow Blowers

/ John Deere Walk Behind Snow Blowers #11  
I've read and heard from dealers that Tecumseh has closed for good as of Dec. 31st. We'll see in the fall who picks up the slack.

It appears that Honda has positioned itself to do just that judging by the number of formerly Tec engined mowers that showed up sporting Honda GS engines instead last summer. The GS line of OPE engines is Honda's more affordable offering, they are priced similar to B&S engines. They are nicknamed "Honda Blacks". This has allowed some in-store brands to display the Honda name on their product which is cool for marketing but Honda itself doesn't use the GS on any of its (rather pricey) OPE products. Instead it uses the high-end GX line ("Honda Reds"). The GX are made by Honda but the GS is manufactured under contract.

/ John Deere Walk Behind Snow Blowers #12  
I'd also heard mumblings of Kohler becoming more prevalent in the market for smaller engines, presumably meaning for push mowers and walk behind blowers.

/ John Deere Walk Behind Snow Blowers #13  
I have an older TRS32 that I purchased used about 8 years ago. I really don't have a clue as to what year it is. Can John Deere tell me by the serial number? I'm trying to determine who manufactured it. If it turns out to be a Murry product I won't put any money in it for repairs and move on. The label indicates that it was manufactured in Canada. Any ideas? Thanks.

/ John Deere Walk Behind Snow Blowers #14  
I recently purchased a JD 1330SE dual Stage Snow Thrower with electric chute rotation / electric deflector & heated handle grips. It's balanced quite a bit heavier towards the front than my previous Noma. We have not had much snow yet to test and have only used twice to remove the icy crud left by the snowplow in my driveway. It handled that with no problems so I'm assuming real snow will be a cake walk.

Not sure who actually made it - maybe Ariens

http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductC...ew.servlets.ProdCatProduct?pNbr=LP25939&tM=HO

/ John Deere Walk Behind Snow Blowers #15  
It is a Simplicity. Brigs is the parent company of Simplicity.

/ John Deere Walk Behind Snow Blowers #16  
Last year I purchased a 928E snowblower. It has electric start on it, but I just pull the rope. Full choke, primed, first or second pull and shes going great guns. I love the thing. We had over 9" of wet snow this last week, plus what the city threw up on the sidewalk. 4600 w/ FEL did a great job on the drive, but used the SB for sidewalk. Even the hard packed plowed snow on the sidewalk didn't slow down this machine. I don't know who where it was built, but its a great machine. Label says it was assembled in the USA, but where where are the parts made?? Doubtful it was USA. No matter what though, I love this machine. I'm very very happy with it. :thumbsup:

/ John Deere Walk Behind Snow Blowers #17  
I just took delivery of a JD 1338PE blower. It is replacing a 15-year old MTD 12/33. I too was trying to figure out who is making JD blowers these days. Unfortunately I've heard that JD plans to discontinue this blower next year as they will be getting gear from Honda. Right now I'm looking for a parts manual which for some reason the dealer doesn't know how to order.