John Deere X584

/ John Deere X584 #11  
Local dealer said they would try to get one in to look at. But the deck concerns me. With the LA 145, I can get the deck under the fence just a little to mow the grass in between posts. Not sure I can do that with the X 584 as the wheels look like they're too close to the edge of the deck.
Prolly true with a 48" deck.

/ John Deere X584 #12  
Local dealer said they would try to get one in to look at. But the deck concerns me. With the LA 145, I can get the deck under the fence just a little to mow the grass in between posts. Not sure I can do that with the X 584 as the wheels look like they're too close to the edge of the deck.
The X584 can be configured with a 54-in deck. I have the 54-in deck on my X584 and it works really well. I'm very happy with my setup, highly recommend!

Last edited:
   / John Deere X584
I'm just going to have to find one to get a look at it. Wheels on the LA 145 aren't a problem. But I did have to take the deck wash (Including the bolt) off to keep it from hanging up on the fence. I actually have a wheel off on the Poulan Pro, but for a different reason. I've slipped on the ditch out front a few times and hung the mower up. Had to get the tractor once to get it loose.

/ John Deere X584 #14  
I'm just going to have to find one to get a look at it. Wheels on the LA 145 aren't a problem. But I did have to take the deck wash (Including the bolt) off to keep it from hanging up on the fence. I actually have a wheel off on the Poulan Pro, but for a different reason. I've slipped on the ditch out front a few times and hung the mower up. Had to get the tractor once to get it loose.
Sounds like you are mowing very tight to your fence. Just be aware that with the AWS, when you steer away from the fence, the rear will swing slightly toward the fence.

I have the 48" Accel deck and mow up to my chain link fence and it's not an issue when I turn away. However, if I was sticking the deck edge below the fence, I think I'd need to just be a little careful and not crank the steering full lock away from the fence. The 54" deck would be less of a problem since the tractor wheels are a little further away from the fence.