John Deere X758 comparible to other brands

/ John Deere X758 comparible to other brands #1  

RidgeTopWVA

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4400
There are several different brand/manufactures of garden tractors and I am curious as what other garden tractors would be comparable to the John Deere X758 etc...I like the looks of the John Deere X758 in stability on banks etc it looks like it has a nice width and not top heavy , with other peoples experience of owning the other brands comparable in size what do you see not only in stabilitry and reliability but other pros and cons with what would make another brand better or not as good as the X758 ? What about service after the sale warranties parts avalibility..what other brands and how they would stack up against John Deere ? John Deere has the corner of the market where I live but there are other brands out there that have done things right or they would not be making garden tractors.
I do not want to be color blind to green and yellow.
What are your thoughts
Thanks in advance

/ John Deere X758 comparible to other brands #2  
John Deere owns the garden tractor market. No one else offers a diesel powered GT that I’m aware of. Even their X500 series is head and shoulders above the rest IMO.

That said, garden tractors are a dying breed with zero turns having taken over the lawn mowing market.

/ John Deere X758 comparible to other brands #3  
Simplicity killed off the Legacy XL, and Kubota's GT doesn't have much in the way of use at a garden tractor.

Even Cub Cadet killed off their X500 competitor.

So, outside of stepping up to a subcompact, I think the X700's are alone now.

/ John Deere X758 comparible to other brands #4  
I.be has a X748 diesel for 12 years. Its been flawless

Andy

/ John Deere X758 comparible to other brands #5  
There isn’t a comparable model from a different brand.
If I had a decent JD dealer within an hours drive, I would have one of the 4x4 X700 series mowers
I had an X590. I think it was.
After some issues with some dealer run arounds, I ended up selling it
But it was the best riding mower I’ve ever owned, just couldn’t get decent service for it

/ John Deere X758 comparible to other brands
That is all interesting ,I did not know that the garden tractors are on the way to extinction , I guess John Deere has the market on the garden tractors , no one else making them.

/ John Deere X758 comparible to other brands #7  
Unfortunately, yeah, the rise of the subcompact really killed that market.