Jon Boat motor

/ Jon Boat motor #11  
I acknowledge the above...good luck Carolina Skiffs are decent vessels...

On the topic of jon boats and smaller motors (used to run a 10'er with a 3.5 hp (2 cyl) Evenrude...)
The biggest issue of running a tiller steered jon boat when alone is weight distribution...hard to get them up on a plane with the majority of the weight at the stern...lots of guys jury rig tiller arm/ twist throttle extenders so they can sit in the center...

/ Jon Boat motor #12  
I acknowledge the above...good luck Carolina Skiffs are decent vessels...

On the topic of jon boats and smaller motors (used to run a 10'er with a 3.5 hp (2 cyl) Evenrude...)
The biggest issue of running a tiller steered jon boat when alone is weight distribution...hard to get them up on a plane with the majority of the weight at the stern...lots of guys jury rig tiller arm/ twist throttle extenders so they can sit in the center...
Or put a couple of buckets of water in the front. Need a place for my fish anyway.

/ Jon Boat motor #13  
   / Jon Boat motor #14  
I feel for you because of your family pickpockets. Both of my parents are now dead. My mom died about 3 years ago and my dad last January. There has been ZERO strife among family members. Instead we all work together. Where the will says the assets go is where they go. And none of us will complain. We all love each other and our parents loved all of us. I just don't understand greed and I don't understand how families will tear each other apart over money.
Eric

/ Jon Boat motor
Well, I guess I'll drop an update. I quit boat shopping, wife's uncle died without a will, no kids, 1 sister, 1 brother, and a long term live in girlfriend. My MIL "gave" us his Carolina Skiff J15 15 ft flats boat with a 25hp Etec Evinrud. Currently it's not mine or wifes; it's still dead uncle in laws; as it seems things are dragging out in escrow. Nothing brings the hate, pick pockets, and greed out like a family member dying...

Boat was in Salt water it's whole life; needs water pump, trim motor, battery, and maybe starter. Aluminum trailer needs leaf springs. Told wife, I would love to end up with the boat, But I'm not spending a dime until I have a title for the boat, so its sitting in the yard.
So, after storing the Skiff for like 10 months, it was awarded to my wife's other uncle. Her mom called her, and said Uncle would be up to over to pick it up. She was pissed and told her mom, you come get it, I don't want uncle at my house, and it better be gone by the time she got home from work.

So, I went ahead and got a title for the Jon boat, but haven't really started looking for a motor really. I'm kinda torn; you can get a 6.5 4 stroke Hang Kai for like $900; or like a 4 hp Honda/Suzuki for $1600. Also thought about the surface drive or mud motor route, but don't think I'll go that way. Probably gonna prowl FB Marketplace for a bit, not in a hurry.

/ Jon Boat motor #17  
We have a small 12-32 Ouchita john boat that my dad bought the dad I was born. I used it duck hunting and fishing a bunch growing up. Mostly paddled it but skmetimes used and Johnson Seaking 3hp that had 360deg tiller steering and a shear pinned prop. We put a 15hp off my buddy’s dad’s boat one day and it was scary fast for a couple of teenagers. That’s boat is still up at our place and get used to fish in our small lake or run some catfish lines but it seems a lot smaller these days than back then.

These days I have a 15-44 5deg V Jon boat and a 30hp Tohatsu 2 stroke. It’s a great boat for 2 persons and will run close to 32 mph lightly loaded.

I would get. 3-5 hp for the small boat and go with a 9.9 is you get the 14’ boat for where you plan on boating

/ Jon Boat motor #18  
Well, I guess I'll drop an update. I quit boat shopping, wife's uncle died without a will, no kids, 1 sister, 1 brother, and a long term live in girlfriend. My MIL "gave" us his Carolina Skiff J15 15 ft flats boat with a 25hp Etec Evinrud. Currently it's not mine or wifes; it's still dead uncle in laws; as it seems things are dragging out in escrow. Nothing brings the hate, pick pockets, and greed out like a family member dying...

Boat was in Salt water it's whole life; needs water pump, trim motor, battery, and maybe starter. Aluminum trailer needs leaf springs. Told wife, I would love to end up with the boat, But I'm not spending a dime until I have a title for the boat, so its sitting in the yard.
" it seems things are dragging out in escrow. Nothing brings the hate, pick pockets, and greed out like a family member dying..."

Ain't is so! There oughta be a law that required every person to have a Will. At least some of the in-fighting will stop. You'd think the value of a jon-boat would never come into play. But then, you'd be wrong.