Jonsered cs2255 carb adjust limiter

/ Jonsered cs2255 carb adjust limiter #1  

fruitcakesa

Veteran Member
Tractor
M6040 JD 450C
After years of using this saw I just took it for granted that it was just a slow revving saw and got to work...until now!
I tried turning the screws in and only could move them slightly more than 1/2 turn.
I googled "carb adjust limiter removal" and the examples showed an obvious plastic retainer that has to come out or at least trimmed
On this saw the screws fill the whole port with no noticeable plastic piece .
Anyone familiar with this?

/ Jonsered cs2255 carb adjust limiter
I finally managed to extract the carb from the saw, a bit of a PITA and get a closer look at the adjustment screws limiters.
Unlike the pictures I have seen of limiters on other carbs, which have a plastic insert that is easily removed,
on this carb it appears the limiters are part of the carb and the screws are captive in it.
They look to be the same metal as the carb and don't appear to unthread.
I only have 1/2 turn on both H&L screws so the saw runs rich and revs slowly.
I reassembled it, got ready to fire it up when I noticed 2 bolts that I had neglected to install:eek:
I looked the saw over, found no unfilled holes and decided F*it, I going to use it anyway.
It runs and cuts, but still poorly tuned

/ Jonsered cs2255 carb adjust limiter #3  
That Jonsered model should be a kissing cousin to Husqvarna , try to find which model # it is in Husky line and you will learn even more about your saw . Yours probably red , theres orange if in that series Husky made there orange branded model . I 'am not a chainsaw pro tech but do most of my repairs , your probably aware when tuning its good to invest in a tach .