Joystick boot

/ Joystick boot #1  

DonRybak

Gold Member
Tractor
RK37HC
I posted this in the RK forum but thought the solution might be an aftermarket part so I thought I'd place it here too for more views. I have a RK37 cab model and the Florida heat and sun has destroyed the boot on my FEL joystick. The parts breakdown shows the joystick and gives a part number for every part except the boot. I plan on driving to RK the next couple days and see if they can order me one unless one of you has experienced something similar and found an universal part that can be adapted.

Thanks........Don

/ Joystick boot #2  
Go online and search auto CV axle boot. They will work just fine. I put one on my 7800. About 1/3 the cost of OEM.

/ Joystick boot #3  
This may help locate an appropriate cv boot.

You can also search amazon for joystick boots. There are many different styles listed. I am not familiar with the one for the rk37 but the drawing in parts manual looks similar to this one for Kioti. Check dimensions in the pictures of listing and try and match it up.

/ Joystick boot
Thanks for the responses. The CV boots won't work because they are round. I saw the ones for the Kioti on Amazon and eBay but they are square. Mine is falling apart in pieces but it appears to be slightly rectangular. I'll have to pull some more pieces of rubber off to get accurate measurements. It's weird that the parts diagram doesn't show a part number for the boot. Shows them for all the nuts, bolts, joystick and so forth but not the boot. Heading to RK today to see what I can find.

/ Joystick boot #5  
   / Joystick boot
Fuchifarm, I saw that this morning. Can you believe the price of that? Must be made of gold. That's 4" long which I think is too big. I saw another that was something like 2.25 x 3 that I think is closer but until I go out to the field and measure I won't know. And it was only a little over $11. I'm hoping that RK can give me a part number so I can just order the original.

/ Joystick boot #7  
Thanks for the responses. The CV boots won't work because they are round. I saw the ones for the Kioti on Amazon and eBay but they are square. Mine is falling apart in pieces but it appears to be slightly rectangular. I'll have to pull some more pieces of rubber off to get accurate measurements. It's weird that the parts diagram doesn't show a part number for the boot. Shows them for all the nuts, bolts, joystick and so forth but not the boot. Heading to RK today to see what I can find.
The round CV boots will work. They are soft enough to form into a square or rectangle.
20230107_155841.jpg
20230404_090229.jpg

/ Joystick boot
Thanks Cheifcook. That's good to know and I'll keep it in mind if I can't find a rectangular one. Only issue I see is that yours mounts directly to the valve but on the RK cab model it mounts to the joystck mount under a cover panel and then comes up through a hole in the panel. That hole is shown in the diagram directly under the number 1. Not sure a round one would fit through that.

1680618958718.png

This is not the correct boot but just an example of what I'm talking about. The flexible part pushes up through the hole and forms sort of a seal.

1680619898979.png

I'm just hoping that RK has or can order the part. I'd like to keep it as original or as close to as possible

/ Joystick boot
I have to admit to feeling like an idiot right now. Went to RK this afternoon and he had a part number for the boot on his listing but it was square at the bottom rather than rectangular. When I mentioned that mine was not round he said that they get a little distorted after time but they are all square at the bottom and round on top, I went ahead and had him order one but thinking that I knew what I was talking about I went home and removed cover panel. Wow, shocked to say the least. It is in fact square at the bottom and round at the top after being removed from the panel and joystick. Sorry to have caused such a ruckus because of my stupidity. He said he wasn't sure of the cost until he got it on the order but hopefully will be in the first part on the week. I measured the old boot at the bottom and it's about 2.25 x 2.25 inches square. Couldn't measure the height due to the top falling apart when I touched it but once I get the new boot in I'll post a part number on the RK forum for future reference. By the way, the plastic fasteners that hold the panel in place are like gold. I bought 4 today at RK and those boogers are $2.95 each.

/ Joystick boot #10  
I found silicone CV joint boots that fit my backhoe joysticks great & was $25 for both. Plus I was able to get them in blue.
joyboot.jpeg