Just bought a 5600 F need some advice on attachents

/ Just bought a 5600 F need some advice on attachents #1  

eides15

Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat
Just bought a 2013 5600 F and now it is onto the world of attachments. So as expected ran into some decisions on what to get.

-What brands of attachments to look into?

-What size skeleton grapple would be fine to use with the 5600? I have had some tell me to go as wide as the machine others say go 6 inches wider on each side. Is there any rule as thumb to keep in mind.

-Is a v-blade the way to go over a regular snow blade? We live in wisconsin.

-How critical is it to keep the weight of the attachment in relation to the 1500# lift rating? Seems to be a deccend range in weight on attachments like brush mowers of the same size. Do you go with the battleship or the tin can model?

-Where would be a good outlet for a low hours kubota rtv 1100 with the kubota 4290 blade and hydro's. Would like to sell it before winter.

/ Just bought a 5600 F need some advice on attachents #2  
Just bought a 2013 5600 F and now it is onto the world of attachments. So as expected ran into some decisions on what to get.

-What brands of attachments to look into? I buy mostly Bobcat brand to run on my Bobcat machines keeping repairs/parts in house.

-What size skeleton grapple would be fine to use with the 5600? I have had some tell me to go as wide as the machine others say go 6 inches wider on each side. Is there any rule as thumb to keep in mind. with a wider grapple, you can damage your lift arm if you catch something solid and that leverage twists something. I have been using a grapple on my skid for nearly 20 years in a successful commercial operation. I use a 66" industrial grapple on a 72" wide machine. The same 66" grapple works great on the Toolcat. It's a little heavy but I like having two independent cylinders versus a single cylinder lighter grapple

-Is a v-blade the way to go over a regular snow blade? We live in wisconsin. can't help with snow questions. :)

-How critical is it to keep the weight of the attachment in relation to the 1500# lift rating? Seems to be a deccend range in weight on attachments like brush mowers of the same size. Do you go with the battleship or the tin can model? According to Bobcat, if you exceed 1500 lbs on the Toolcat F series, it will lean to the right. Unless you have weight on the rear end, exceeding 1500 lbs will also leave you with less traction

-Where would be a good outlet for a low hours kubota rtv 1100 with the kubota 4290 blade and hydro's. Would like to sell it before winter.

I have had good luck on Craigslist but you have to weed out the idiots, loser, liars, cheats, and scammers. :)

/ Just bought a 5600 F need some advice on attachents #3  

-What brands of attachments to look into?

I use Bobcat attachments but there are several good alternatives on the internet. When it comes to attachments, I believe you get what you pay for.

-What size skeleton grapple would be fine to use with the 5600? I have had some tell me to go as wide as the machine others say go 6 inches wider on each side. Is there any rule as thumb to keep in mind.

I can't help you with that one.

-Is a v-blade the way to go over a regular snow blade? We live in wisconsin.

It depends on what your site conditions are (where you want to move the snow to). I use an 84" SnowBlade on my 5600 since my driveways are curved and I need to move the snow to one side or the other depending on which direction I'm plowing it. I don't see the benefit of a "V" blade if your plowing driveways. The snow still needs to move to the side and a snow blade works great for that. If your just plowing narrow paths and want to dump the snow on both sides, maybe. But that's a lot of extra cost and not necessary. For a 10-12' wide driveway you still need to make 2 passes anyway.

I also use a "72 SnowBlower when the stuff is really deep and fairly dry (light).

-How critical is it to keep the weight of the attachment in relation to the 1500# lift rating? Seems to be a deccend range in weight on attachments like brush mowers of the same size. Do you go with the battleship or the tin can model?

The only time I use counter-weigh (sand bags in the bed) is when I've got the 900 lbs snowblower on the front and I'm blowing steep, icy driveways. It helps with traction more than anything. The 5600 will lift a lot and bounce around because of the springs but I've never felt like it was going to lift the rear tires. I guess if you stopped short with a heavy load in the bucket it might get interesting.

I can't help you with that one either. I'm not a big fan of Craig's List. How about the local newspaper. It's always worked for me in both directions.

DEWFPO

/ Just bought a 5600 F need some advice on attachents #4  

-What brands of attachments to look into? Tractor Attachments And Skid Steer Attachments For Any Tractor Or Skid Steer and a new site sponsor: Skid Steer Attachment, Skid Steer Loaders

-What size skeleton grapple would be fine to use with the 5600? I have had some tell me to go as wide as the machine others say go 6 inches wider on each side. Is there any rule as thumb to keep in mind. It depends on your main use. For picking up brush, I like wide with dual lids.
P5240009.JPG P5240014.JPG P5240010.JPG P5240019.JPG

-----------------------------------

----------------------
:welcome: to TractorByNet! :thumbsup:

I went with the battleship rotary mower. 7' wide weighs 1800 pounds.
P4010050.JPG P4010076.JPG P4120025.JPG

I measured the lift at the SSQA plate with no attachment, 3001 pounds.
P3220001.JPG

The 5610 handles it fine with no counterweight on the 3 point.
P8070016.JPG P8300006.JPG P8300009.JPG

I did put together a 400 pound counterweight for better traction on the rougher, uneven areas of the pasture.
PB200010.JPG PB200008 390  lbs.JPG PB200013  1.25 Sq. tube spacer.JPG