Just bought a F3060!

/ Just bought a F3060! #1  

Steelsoldiers

Tractor
Kubota F3060
Hi all! First post here! I bought a F3060 last night and am working on getting myself more educated on their operation and maintenance. The guy I bought it from owned multiple Kubota machines and seemed to be very knowledgeable about them. He had owned it for a year before buying a newer F series. The original owner was a school system so most of its 1500 hours were racked up mowing around schools.

I have been mowing about 3 acres of hilly grass with a 1974 Cub Cadet 800. It has been a great little tractor, but its relatively narrow chassis and RWD characteristics make it less than ideal on slopes. This F3060 should help me cut more grass faster and safer.

It has a few issues that need addressing in the near future. First, I need to put a seat on it. The current one is usable, but really ragged. I see that Kubota has discontinued the seat. Any good aftermarket sources for seats similar to what's on it? Second, I need to put some rear tires on it as they are pretty bald. Any particular brand of tires better than others for these machines or will any turf tire of the same size work? Lastly, I need to replace the front plastic and headlight assembly. I often mow into the night if I have to do it during the week. Looks like those parts are still available so that shouldn't be too hard.

Here is a photo of it. Let me know what you think and please feel free to share any tips and tricks for these machines. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4942.jpeg
    IMG_4942.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 129
   / Just bought a F3060! #2  
Hi all! First post here! I bought a F3060 last night and am working on getting myself more educated on their operation and maintenance. The guy I bought it from owned multiple Kubota machines and seemed to be very knowledgeable about them. He had owned it for a year before buying a newer F series. The original owner was a school system so most of its 1500 hours were racked up mowing around schools.

I have been mowing about 3 acres of hilly grass with a 1974 Cub Cadet 800. It has been a great little tractor, but its relatively narrow chassis and RWD characteristics make it less than ideal on slopes. This F3060 should help me cut more grass faster and safer.

It has a few issues that need addressing in the near future. First, I need to put a seat on it. The current one is usable, but really ragged. I see that Kubota has discontinued the seat. Any good aftermarket sources for seats similar to what's on it? Second, I need to put some rear tires on it as they are pretty bald. Any particular brand of tires better than others for these machines or will any turf tire of the same size work? Lastly, I need to replace the front plastic and headlight assembly. I often mow into the night if I have to do it during the week. Looks like those parts are still available so that shouldn't be too hard.

Here is a photo of it. Let me know what you think and please feel free to share any tips and tricks for these machines. Thanks!

My first tip or thought would be is find a good Kubota dealer and call their parts department.
I usually go with Carlisle for tires.
The seat has quite a few aftermarket options. I’d suggest a complete air ride seat as the F series mowers are not the best for smooth ride.
Find all your spindle grease fittings and driveshaft fittings and make sure they take grease. Maybe order a manual for it.

They‘re pretty tough mowers. Mines been solid. Theres a breather on top of the valve cover with a hose attanched to it. Remove it from the valve cover and clean it. They always get wasp nests in them.

/ Just bought a F3060! #3  
Going from the cub cadet to a Kubota F....
You'll no longer be "mowing into the night". 😆👍
Congratulations on having a great machine! If you're really into returning the machine to "factory", have your dealers parts guy to check with Kubotas "obsolete parts" dept.
So far I've been able to get everything for my 35? year old f-2000 with the possible exception of the throwout bearing, my memory is foggy on that and it's use is limited to only being used when engaging the PTO.
Last month I decided to add the "creep speed kit" to my M9540 tractor (Kubota). My local dealer told me it was discontinued.
Messicks parts folks searched the "discontinued" warehouse, there were 21 of this particular item there and now there's one in a box on my shop floor!
I tried locally, but they just didn't want to put in the extra effort and I can't say anything but praise about Messicks service.

/ Just bought a F3060!
My first tip or thought would be is find a good Kubota dealer and call their parts department.
I usually go with Carlisle for tires.
The seat has quite a few aftermarket options. I’d suggest a complete air ride seat as the F series mowers are not the best for smooth ride.
Find all your spindle grease fittings and driveshaft fittings and make sure they take grease. Maybe order a manual for it.

They‘re pretty tough mowers. Mines been solid. Theres a breather on top of the valve cover with a hose attanched to it. Remove it from the valve cover and clean it. They always get wasp nests in them.
Thanks for the tips! We do have a local Kubota dealer, but wasn’t sure if they would be helpful on a 20 year old machine. I’ll reach out to them. Everything looks to have fresh grease on it and the seller just changed the oil/filters. I’ll definitely check the breather. I took the oil fill cap off when it was running and didn’t see any excessive crankcase vapors, so hoping the engine is in good shape.

/ Just bought a F3060!
Going from the cub cadet to a Kubota F....
You'll no longer be "mowing into the night". 😆👍
Congratulations on having a great machine! If you're really into returning the machine to "factory", have your dealers parts guy to check with Kubotas "obsolete parts" dept.
So far I've been able to get everything for my 35? year old f-2000 with the possible exception of the throwout bearing, my memory is foggy on that and it's use is limited to only being used when engaging the PTO.
Last month I decided to add the "creep speed kit" to my M9540 tractor (Kubota). My local dealer told me it was discontinued.
Messicks parts folks searched the "discontinued" warehouse, there were 21 of this particular item there and now there's one in a box on my shop floor!
I tried locally, but they just didn't want to put in the extra effort and I can't say anything but praise about Messicks service.
Thanks, Rusty! Great to know parts are still available even if they’ve been discontinued for a while! I hope you’re right that my night mowing is a thing of the past!

/ Just bought a F3060! #7  
Thanks, Rusty! Great to know parts are still available even if they’ve been discontinued for a while! I hope you’re right that my night mowing is a thing of the past!
Some parts may be more accurate.
My local dealer actually gave me the wrong p/n and I ordered and received it (messicks) only to read the installation instructions and realized that it was not for my tractor.
After shipping it back with an understandable restocking fee, Messicks did send the correct unit. So personally Messicks (or Kubotas discontinued parts warehouse) is 2 for 2 with my needs. I'm sure that this is probably more luck and wouldn't count on every part being available.

I wanted the creep gears (actually another "range" in the transmission) for my FAE flail mulcher and my too big 8' wide snowblower that actually needs another 50-60hp than my tractor has!😆

/ Just bought a F3060!
Some parts may be more accurate.
My local dealer actually gave me the wrong p/n and I ordered and received it (messicks) only to read the installation instructions and realized that it was not for my tractor.
After shipping it back with an understandable restocking fee, Messicks did send the correct unit. So personally Messicks (or Kubotas discontinued parts warehouse) is 2 for 2 with my needs. I'm sure that this is probably more luck and wouldn't count on every part being available.

I wanted the creep gears (actually another "range" in the transmission) for my FAE flail mulcher and my too big 8' wide snowblower that actually needs another 50-60hp than my tractor has!😆
Wow! That’s sounds like quite the machine. My brother recommended Messicks too. I’ll give them a jingle.

/ Just bought a F3060! #10  
Is there a way you can find out when the last time the Super UDT hydraulic fluid was changed?