Grading Just bought TS1610 and need help for rear blade

/ Just bought TS1610 and need help for rear blade #1  

beltfed

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT235
The TS1610 came with a roto-tiller attachment. I don't need that at all but I suppose I can eventually use it.

I need to put a 5' grader blade on for repairing a gravel driveway and ocassional snow removal.

What do I need to be able to attach a blade to this tractor? The setup looks a little different than normal setups. Below is a photo of what it currently looks like.

I don't see a middle bar, the one which attaches to the top of each device. (You can now tell I know next to nothing about tractors. This is my first.)

Thanks.

1610.jpg

/ Just bought TS1610 and need help for rear blade #2  
Beltfed,
Your tractor is currently set up for the 2 point tiller. To use any other implement, you will have to get a 3 point setup. They're always some on Ebay, and there are dealers here that can get you the setup. 3 point on Ebay

My 3 point setup (and Yanmar tiller) are attached.

Attachments

• 355071-tractor 3 point.JPG
    355071-tractor 3 point.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 313
   / Just bought TS1610 and need help for rear blade
Thanks. I've read alot of messages on this board in the past 24 hours. I see that my tractor doesn't have a mounting point where the top bar? goes. I see how it is setup on yours and assume I'll have to have the same setup.

Thanks for the ebay link. I'll check around the local dealers to see if they have something here, otherwise I'll try ebay.

**Edited to say. I looked at your photo and the 3 point hitches on Ebay and Hoye Tractor and they don't seem to include the mounting point for the upper arm. Yours seems to have something mounted right above the pto area. Is that something you or someone fabricated? Or was that included in your kit?

Thanks.

/ Just bought TS1610 and need help for rear blade #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I looked at your photo and the 3 point hitches on Ebay and Hoye Tractor and they don't seem to include the mounting point for the upper arm. Yours seems to have something mounted right above the pto area. Is that something you or someone fabricated? Or was that included in your kit?)</font>

My tractor came with the 3 point hitch, and it looks "factory." The top link point flips down to use the tiller (with the short top link in the photo) and flips up for using other 3 point equipment. Basically all this part does is reduce the width to where a standard top link would attach. It has a pin that you put in different holes to get the 2 different setups.

Talk to Aaron @ Hoye and see if he can help with the part. If you need a picture of the part itself, I'll pull it off of the tractor. If worst comes to worst, it's a simple part and a welding shop could make you one. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Thinking about it, you may be able to use a long pin & some bushings to use the top link where the tiller top link attaches. Maybe someone here does this already and will chime in????

/ Just bought TS1610 and need help for rear blade
I like and think I can probably use that long pin which is holding in the tiller for the top arm. Just mount it on the top holes. I just have no clue on if the bottom arms have a mounting point and also where the chains attach. I'm not near the tractor (60 miles away right now) so its hard to see if this is something I can easily do or not.

I'm thinking of having a tractor repair/service place go check it out and maybe do the 3 point conversion for me. That way I won't be screwed if I take it home and can't convert it myself.

Thanks.

/ Just bought TS1610 and need help for rear blade #6  
The top link pin should be about 15" above the lower pins. It does not look like you have the lower pins. On the TS1610, the factory 3PH is a piece of metal that bolts on the bottom of the differential and the two axle ends, and it has a pin at each end that is open towards the centerline of the tractor. You will need the two lower pins installed, a three point hitch kit, and hopefully, the top bracket height is close enough to attach the top link.