Just finished my 50 hr service

/ Just finished my 50 hr service #1  

duckhunter27

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT 335
Just finished my 50 hr service wasn't bad at all. Engine oil and filter was cake, hyd and hst filter wasnt bad at all either adding the hyd oil back in was kind of a pain as it went in very slow kept air locking not sure what you could do differant just pour slow is what i did. when i went to change front axle gear lube it got interesting as my manual stated that there was 3 drain plugs and 1 filler plug where it got confusning was I had on each wheel a plug at the bottom and a plug at the top my manual only mentioned 1 plug per wheel. I pulled all the plugs drain oil and filled it back up so site gauge was in the middle has anyone els had this problem? It almost looks like the 2 plugs per wheel is so you can fill it from the top hole not sure about that though how has everyone els with the 335 done it? I plan to keep a very close eye on gauge for awhile. Thanks Vince

/ Just finished my 50 hr service #2  
Just finished my 50 hr service wasn't bad at all. Engine oil and filter was cake, hyd and hst filter wasnt bad at all either adding the hyd oil back in was kind of a pain as it went in very slow kept air locking not sure what you could do differant just pour slow is what i did. when i went to change front axle gear lube it got interesting as my manual stated that there was 3 drain plugs and 1 filler plug where it got confusning was I had on each wheel a plug at the bottom and a plug at the top my manual only mentioned 1 plug per wheel. I pulled all the plugs drain oil and filled it back up so site gauge was in the middle has anyone els had this problem? It almost looks like the 2 plugs per wheel is so you can fill it from the top hole not sure about that though how has everyone els with the 335 done it? I plan to keep a very close eye on gauge for awhile. Thanks Vince

At 26 hrs on my Kioti DK35 HST (basically same tractor as CT335) I am 1/2 way there before the 35 hr service.

However, I noticed in my manual (page 7-16) it says to unscrew the bleeding plug on the left side of the hydraulic cylinder when adding the hydraulic fluid. The plug is a hand width up from the dip stick and painted orange on the Kioti.

My manual shows only a drain plug and filler plug for each side of the front axle, and says to remove the oil level check plug on the left side of the front axle. But the picture on page 7-17 labels the oil level check plug as an oil filler plug.

I cannot see oil in my oil level check plug window. But I checked it manually and the oil is right at the plug's bottom level so I assume it is OK. However, the oil level check plug has a little ball in it which I imagine is meant to float and be in the middle of the window.

I'll ask the dealer about it when I get a chance.

The Kioti manual could use some work. One section is titled STROAGE AND DISPOSAL and the loader manual has sections refering to HYDARULIC CYLINDERS, HOSES AND TUBE LINES.

My favourite (which I've posted before) is the handy tip to make sure you mount AG tires the correct way:

"The tire is correctly installed if the mark "V" is shown straight when the tire is in the forward position."

/ Just finished my 50 hr service #3  
I had the same issue on the front axle on my 450. I removed all 6 and drained, then filled all 3 top plugs until oil was at the center of sight gauge. The manual confused me by labeling the fill plug hole on the side as the drain plug. It says to check and add oil as needed every 50 hrs.

/ Just finished my 50 hr service #4  
Your fill plug for front axle is on the Right side and sight gauge is on left side. Fill axle up until it looks full drive tractor for a few minutes then recheck and add fluid if needed. The Kioti tractor has fill plug and sight guage on same side of tractor (next to each other) with time it takes for gear lube to work its way to left side and into lower wheel unit, this could result in not filling to full level. This was one of many design changes Bobcat insisted on for their tractor that Daedong did not carry through on the Kioti.

When filling the hyd. reservoir/transmission/ remove the dipstick, this lets air vent and fills a little faster.

/ Just finished my 50 hr service
been watching front axle seems its a hair over full by gauge may have to drain some out ball is supose to float in middle of glass mine is at top. I also did remove dip stick when i was putting hyd oil in might of helped alittle just seemed to take it very slow but not that big of deal just something to remember. I am just glad the service is done and no problems my magnet on drain plug was clean,

/ Just finished my 50 hr service #6  
good info thanks for sharing. looking forward to my first service