just got 25d costs

/ just got 25d costs #1  

Jonohio

Bronze Member
Tractor
2015 MF GC1710TLB
Hi folks,

I just got the following-costs for the 25d. Any thoughts on whether or it's a fair price?

Kubota BX25D-1 TLB w/ R4 tires $18750
Quick hitch included
12 inch bucket included
Thumb included
3 pt hitch included
RCK60-23BX 60" mower included
Kubota BX5450 snowblower w/ quick hitch and mid PTO driveline $2950
Hydraulic chute option (installed) $895
Total = $22595

/ just got 25d costs #2  
I would say that 18,750 is a very good price for the TLB, thumb and mower. Looks like that's about 20% off list price. Can't comment on the blower.

/ just got 25d costs #3  
That's cheap for all you say is coming with it. I still wouldn't buy it if the dynamic braking problem hasn't been fixed to where it stops when the go pedal is released. I believe Kubota will eventually fix it on new models and old models will lose a thousand dollars because of being the defective models.:2cents: Course they may already be reducing them because that's way below cheap price they are giving you. They were $17500 on a special Kubota program without mowing deck or thumb or 3 ph arms earlier in the year when I bought mine from Barlows.

/ just got 25d costs #4  
Rec'd a quote this week at $17,650 for the BX25d but they wanted another 2175 for the rck60.

/ just got 25d costs #5  
Hi folks, I just got the following-costs for the 25d. Any thoughts on whether or it's a fair price? Kubota BX25D-1 TLB w/ R4 tires $18750 Quick hitch included 12 inch bucket included Thumb included 3 pt hitch included RCK60-23BX 60" mower included Kubota BX5450 snowblower w/ quick hitch and mid PTO driveline $2950 Hydraulic chute option (installed) $895 Total = $22595

That's a great price without the blower, but I agree with Johnthomas. Don't buy it.

/ just got 25d costs #6  
Don't a lot of folks, like Paul Short, for example, really like their BX25D's?? Surely the roll-on is something many learn to live with...

/ just got 25d costs #7  
Don't a lot of folks, like Paul Short, for example, really like their BX25D's?? Surely the roll-on is something many learn to live with...

Most people will learn to live with the defective BX25D-1 that has the non dynamic braking that you have and had with both of your HST machines. Kubota knows that and that's why they will never admit it is wrong but will fix it and never tell that it has been fixed and never do a recall to fix sold machines. They did the same with the BXxx50 series which they turned into the BXxx60 series in a few short years with never a mention of the abrupt stop in reverse being "fixed".
The great features of the BX25D-1 will satisfy most buyers and is a very usable machine. Most buyers don't know it's not supposed to keep rolling a bit when the go pedal is released because most BX buyers have only bought one Kubota tractor in their life. You've owned two different Kubota HSTs and if your second one has a defect in it's operation you'll know it where other new Kubota buyers won't.
I used my BX25D-1 last week to level a 24'x48' spot for a new building and this week I'll have a truck load or two of gravel hauled in and will level it out and the BX25D-1 will work 100% right for this job.........except when I try not to knock down my corner stakes in the ground I may not stop exactly an inch before rolling over them. If I didn't know it was supposed to stop when the pedal is released like yours HST does and if I hadn't owned so many with the brake on the right side and now on the left, it would be a no problem machine.
I bought one geared Kubota out of the around 20. Almost loved it except.......it kept going when I let off the go pedal and dawned on me it had a clutch which many cars and my current MINI has so I pushed in the clutch and it kept rolling just like my MINI Cooper will do but I wasn't expecting that from the tractor which was my stupidity. I had to let off pedal, push in clutch AND mash the brake pedal to get it to stop which is exactly the way it's made to operate but I had used so many HSTs that I had problems adjusting from one machine after getting off of the other one. Sold BX2320 geared real quick and declared it was my one and only gear drive Kubota and now my HST does near the same thing.
I will continue driving and using the BX25D-1 I have until I find a better deal and then I'll trade it. Hope that better deal is Orange but doesn't have to be.

/ just got 25d costs
Well I know what an hst should feel like and I'm not liking the amount of negative press on the 25d1 being like the 2350 hst.

Maybe i should wait to see if it is fixed in the 2016 model?

When do the need model year units typically hit the street?

/ just got 25d costs #9  

...until I find a better deal and then I'll trade it. Hope that better deal is Orange but doesn't have to be.

What? Has this always been the way you thought or are collective Kubota issues changing your thinking? I thought you were Kubota forever.

/ just got 25d costs #10  
Price sounds real good!

I personally must respectfully disagree with JohnThomas on the HST being defective. I have also have owned several HST Kubotas and believe it is fine, heck my MX will also "roll" some if I am in high, I don't find it to be an issue. Years ago we had a MF with had some roll to the HST also, not really what I would call defective, just different. Im glad I purchased our BX as a second machine and find it extremely useful and a great performer for its size.