Oil & Fuel Just Got a ZD21 Diesel Mower with Pro-Deck

/ Just Got a ZD21 Diesel Mower with Pro-Deck #1  

SkyPup

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L-39 GST TLB, Kubota L3130GST, Massey 1030 HST, Kubota ZD-21 ProDecK, Two Euro VW TDIs
Geez, where has this thing been all my life???

The ZD-21 is awesome! Super powerful, smooth, quiet, low noise and vibration, and a great economical cutting machine.

Have only put 10 hours on it since new but I am very impressed with the production quality of this machine, it is a workhorse! Sure puts to shame all other mowers that I have worked to death over the years.

Got the 60" 7 guage welded "Pro-Deck" and it indeed is quite a heavy duty industrial grade deck, blades are high grade steel too. Just the number of zerk grease fittings on this thing lets you know that it is for real a heavy duty piece of equipment.

Do many others out there have the ZD series? What has been your experience with them?

With the production build quality of these rigs, they look like they should be good for 8,000 hrs of operation easily.

/ Just Got a ZD21 Diesel Mower with Pro-Deck #2  
We bought the ZG-23 2 weeks ago and my wife loves it! It is much quicker than our old Wheelhorse. The diesel version was a little to pricey for us so we went with the 23hp Kohler gas. After test driving several brands the Kubota was our favorite. It has an electric fuel gauge, drink holder, folding ROPS, hood to cover the engine. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Just Got a ZD21 Diesel Mower with Pro-Deck
I've got to teach my wife how to operate this beauty so I can spend more time hunting and fishing! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Just Got a ZD21 Diesel Mower with Pro-Deck #4  
I mowed my entire yard in 3.5 minutes with one. I usualy use a push mower and it takes me about 45. It was a blast! My wife had been pesting me to mow so I took a ZD home to do it. Infact, its probably faster for me to trailer one home from work, mow, and return it than it is to mow with my push mower.