Just noticed this .

/ Just noticed this . #1  

kevin37b

Veteran Member
Tractor
john deere
I have noticed on the boom cylinders on these compact loaders , the barrel of the cylinder goes with the boom instead of the rod . That means alot of flex in the plumbing . Why ?

/ Just noticed this . #2  
The only logical answer I can think of is for loader removal. Everything goes with the loader, sometimes including the valve.

/ Just noticed this . #3  
I have noticed on the boom cylinders on these compact loaders , the barrel of the cylinder goes with the boom instead of the rod . That means alot of flex in the plumbing . Why ?

You will have a lot flex in the lines if mounted either way. It is to make the lines to the boom cylinder on the other side shorter, then if mounting the barrel down and rods up. Another benefit is the seals are mounted down, less chance of dirt settling in them and getting pulled in.

/ Just noticed this .
JJ you are not on the same page . I am talking about the cylinders between the mast and the boom . All the excavators or TLB's I run the rod moves , the barrel is stationary . It is like the cylinder is upside down . And no you do not have alot of flex either way Z5 . The fittings are on the barrel not the rod . I wish pictures . JJ you are a master of all , peace and good will .