Just picked up a LandPride PS1572 primary seeder

/ Just picked up a LandPride PS1572 primary seeder #1  

ishiboo

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010HSTC, Cat 279c
Just picked up a new old stock PS1572 for $2800 out the door! Full warranty/etc. Used a few times by the dealership for demos.

I have a lot of grass to plant this year and it will come in handy. Anyone have one or use one before? How well does it work?

/ Just picked up a LandPride PS1572 primary seeder #2  
Call the cops, you just stole a seeder! Does it have front and rear packers? That's a nice unit and you could use that for years and still recoup your costs.

/ Just picked up a LandPride PS1572 primary seeder
I thought it wasn't bad, list was $6500! :)

It has the front and rear packer rollers, and is driven off one of them.

Based on your avatar you're probably a good one to ask - what's some decent, inexpensive, attractive ground cover I can plant? The cheapest I've found so far is some stuff for deer plots actually. :) Once I'm done with my lawn, I have some areas I want to de-rock and clean up as it's growing a lot of thistle/etc.

/ Just picked up a LandPride PS1572 primary seeder #4  
An inexpensive ground cover that adds nitrogen to your soil every time you cut it is clover. But since you are doing a lot of grass you may want to keep it away from your lawn if you're picky.

Thyme is good for a drought tolerant ground cover and quite aromatic.

There are many wonderful creeping types of sedums that form dense mats only 3 inches tall. With succulent leaves and stems, sedums can thrive in low-water situations, and they bloom in shades of white, pink, red, purple, yellow, or orange, depending on the variety. Sedums are prized for use in green roofs and living walls because they are so adaptable.

Hens-and-chicks makes a terrific groundcover in tight spaces, such as between paving stones or in a trough. The plant is also a beautiful textured focal point in a sunny garden. The succulent rosettes grow 3-6 inches tall. They're easy to grow, and need almost no maintenance.

Try one of the many varieties of ajuga where grass won't easily grow. It can take a bit of foot traffic, but avoid growing it in areas with a lot of activity. Flower spikes in blue, pink, lavender, or white adorn the rosettes formed from scallop-shape leaves in spring. Grow this tidy groundcover plant for its pretty leaves, which come in shades of green, maroon, bronze, purple, pink, or white.

As tough as its common name, brass buttons grows no taller than 3 inches with textured, feathery foliage in shades of bronze-black to purple-gray and small, buttonlike yellow-green blooms in late spring and early summer. This versatile New Zealand groundcover plant grows in full sun to partial shade and moist but well-drained soil.

I would be careful planting deer plot seed as ground cover unless you want the deer to eat it!

Thanks!

My lawn seed is already purchased, the areas I need ground cover for will be outside a 5' tall fence, so I think the deer will leave the lawn alone (though I know they could jump the fence if necessary!) :)

It must be discount new attachments month!

Just picked up a "ATV" wire unroller for $30. It is just a 2" tube and comes with a bolt-on 2" ATV receiver. Of course it'll go in my 3 point 2" hitch.

Looks like it sat outside for a while but it's nicely built and new... all tube steel and the ends are capped with plastic tube plugs. Normal price was $130. :)

It appears IDENTICAL to this Tarter, but the brand was American something rather.

364286d1394223825-just-picked-up-landpride-ps1572-130710038.jpg

Attachments

• 130710038.jpg
    130710038.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 191