KB2375 assist

/ KB2375 assist #71  
I'm with you. Remotes with their own control valves is pretty exciting as sodomo mentioned. Just think of the things that could be operated with these. If I would have know this setup existed, I would have never installed the "hose kit" to power the bh. It does power the bh fine but laying on the ground to turn the valve gets old and if you connect something else to the ports, that piece of equipment has to have its own open center valve.
It might be time to give Rick a call. By the way, the manual advised that the ports are 1/2 pt. Is that the same size as is on the bh or do they need changed? I know the loader quick connects look smaller. Also, where do you position the control lever to get constant flow to the ports for the bh? I think this change will be more useful. Anyone need a "hose kit"? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ KB2375 assist #72  
I may be missing something here, but with the hose kit setup and without turning the diverter valve, the 3pt arms have no flow to give you lift. If you didn't need the 3pt arms, then the connecter hose would be a good idea.

/ KB2375 assist #73  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( For you guys who use the pwr byd hose kit and diverter, why don't you just connect your two hoses together when you remove your hoe? Then you don't have to change your diverter position at all. )</font>
I was wondering if that would work, I'm guessing you would need a 12-18" hose (to be able to get enough "bend") with Male disconnects on both ends?

/ KB2375 assist #74  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I was wondering if that would work, I'm guessing you would need a 12-18" hose (to be able to get enough "bend") with Male disconnects on both ends? )</font>
I may be wrong, but one would have to be male, one female, and the QAs would have to be changed to match on any of the equipment one would then hook up with them.
It seems to me that should be the way they're done anyway from the PB as my hoses "bump" with any other hydro usage without anything hooked up to the PB hoses. Seems the fluid would like to complete the circuit.
John

/ KB2375 assist #75  
Thought about the two hose deal a bit more last night (Friday night and I'm thinking about tractors). I don't believe it will work.
When I turn the valve to get the fluid re-directed to the BH, it turns the flow off to the 3pt.
It seems that I'd still be required to turn the valve, even with the hoses.
As I certailny do not claim to be an expert in hydraulics, I could be wrong.
I'm still debating the rear remote. If I used the BH more it would certainly be worth it. I'll have to see what Mr. Rick comes back with.
Tom

/ KB2375 assist #76  
this will work if the 3-point hitch moves up and down with a backhoe on.............does it?

if so, a great simple idea to to remedy a quirky problem

/ KB2375 assist #77  
I just had my bh on today to repair the valve assembly. With the bh on and the diverter valve turned so the bh gets hydraulic fluid pressure, there is no lift for the 3pt arms. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
The connecter hose would work but no 3pt lift. It's a simple setup to get fluid to the bh being that you aren't using the 3pt at the same time but if you have to turn the valve as many times as I did today, the other valve would be much nicer.

/ KB2375 assist #78  
I agree with Victor. a jumper hose will not solve the problem.
CFO says I can get the remote. If Rick would quit spending all of his "free" time selling and delivering tractors /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif, I may be able to get a remote.
As this is not an earth shattering requirement, and I do want Rick around awhile, I am more than willing to wait.
Tom

/ KB2375 assist
I suspect Rick may have several orders if he gets back and lets us know /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

David

/ KB2375 assist #80  
this thread has some legs doesn't it? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif