Keep your fingers crossed for me

/ Keep your fingers crossed for me #1  

wroughtn_harv

Tractor
2013 Volvo MC85C
Awhile back I built myself a backhoe attachment for my JCB165HF. Just for grins kind of thing to do.

But after I finished it and found out just how great it was I felt like it might be something I could make and sell. Most of the folks that've seen it in action have been friends. Heck they're friends, they're polite, and they know about as much about working a skid loader as I do about shopping for skirts.

Saturday I met a guy at the steel supply house. We talked tractors and he came over and watched my hoe in action. Yesterday he came back with the owner of the company and a Bobcat 973 I believe. They claimed it weighted ninety five hundred pounds. My JCB weighs fifty four hundred.

They hooked up the 973 to the hoe and I told him to try to break it.

He couldn't. If I'd had one right there for them to take home they'd bought it on the spot. As it is I've agreed to let them use mine for a hundred dollars a day with the rental being applicable against the purchase of their own.

So keep your fingers crossed for me. It'd be nice for them to buy a couple and then there be more orders as other skid steer owners see the hoe in action.

Heck, then maybe wregular harv would have a point about me taking out an ad here at TBN for accessories. I might be able to sell HIM a hat that said "two kinds of harv, wregular and wrought'n".

/ Keep your fingers crossed for me #2  
Harv -

I'm a huge supporter of entrepreneurs and small business owners. I'd even go so far as to say nice things about you if I have to. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif I'll be rootin' for a thriving backhoe business in your future.

You know, it's not hard to imagine you whipping up a custom implement for Mark Chalkley one of these days. The thought of your two minds coming together sort of frightens me, but I think I'm far enough away that I could survive any fallout that might result.
crazy.gif

Anybody who can build their own backhoe "just for grins" oughta be able to build just about anything, and I'd love to see what you could do. Heck, I'm all antsy just waiting to see how to bend square tubing.

BTW -- I can accept the moniker "wregular harv", as long as it doesnt' show up in any Metamucil ads.
wink.gif

/ Keep your fingers crossed for me #3  
Harv (the wroughtn one, not the wregular /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif)

Do you have any pics of your backhoe creation? Sounds great and I hope it goes well for you, whatever that may be!

/ Keep your fingers crossed for me #4  
So, can we see some photos of this little project? Just wondering if it looks as nice as the rest of the stuff you build.

/ Keep your fingers crossed for me
Ron F. of TBN fame came by the shop and spent the whole afternoon with me. While there he snapped these pictures

Attachments

• 17-159273-MVC-011F.JPG
    17-159273-MVC-011F.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 219
Annnnnnnd this one too!

Attachments

• 17-159275-MVC-012F.JPG
    17-159275-MVC-012F.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 259
He's much better with a camera than I am. Of course most folks are better with the camera than I am. And yes harv, that fine figured man operating that equipment is a red shirt harv.

Attachments

• 17-159277-MVC-005F.JPG
    17-159277-MVC-005F.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 225
We had some real fun today. Tractor talk, weld talk, bar b que talk, all in real time.

Attachments

• 17-159279-MVC-006F.JPG
    17-159279-MVC-006F.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 203
Even the chickens had a good time. They laughed at his jokes almost as much as they do at mine.

Attachments

• 17-159282-MVC-007F.JPG
    17-159282-MVC-007F.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 198
That's all folks.

Attachments

• 17-159283-MVC-008F.JPG
    17-159283-MVC-008F.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 183