Keeping hands warm

/ Keeping hands warm #21  
I used to wear these at work, and still do.
361HDPS6-480-Endura-Linesman-1-Finger-Mitt-Horsehide-Double-Palm-Deluxe-Winter-Lineman-Gloves-Mitts-Winter-Gloves-IMG.jpg

Having your pointy finger all alone makes many tasks much easier than if you had ordinary mitts and if it gets cold slip it in with the rest. They come with a fleece or woolen inner mitt and are quite warm.
What is this type of gloves called?

/ Keeping hands warm #22  
361HDPS6-480-Endura-Linesman-1-Finger-Mitt-Horsehide-Double-Palm-Deluxe-Winter-Lineman-Gloves-Mitts-Winter-Gloves-IMG.jpg

Having your pointy finger all alone makes many tasks much easier than if you had ordinary mitts and if it gets cold slip it in with the rest. They come with a fleece or woolen inner mitt and are quite warm.
those look like welders mittens.

/ Keeping hands warm #23  
I buy the cheap brown gloves at TSC , like 10 pairs for $12
And I buy the Hothands hand warmers by the box...

I keep one pair of the gloves wrapped around one small warmer and stashed in an inner layer breast pocket...when fingers start to get cold...I swap them out and put the nice toasty ones on...!

/ Keeping hands warm #24  
Left over from my winter mountaineering days, I have a great pair of down-filled, leather faced mittens and use silk "glove liners" under them for the delicate stuff. One of the things that makes the mitts excel is a "nose wiper" that is velcro-ed on the back; the other feature is provision for "lose-me-not" cords, which can run up inside one sleeve and down the other, or some equally useful capture mechanism so that when you take one off for a second to do something delicate, it doesn't go walk-about (but be careful with cords and moving machinery, of course).

/ Keeping hands warm #25  
I use these for snowblowing on cabless tractor when it's really cold. Burton Goretex mittens with removable gloves inside. Nice feature is the built-in zippered pocket on top for hand warmers.

View attachment 356667

/ Keeping hands warm #26  
I get by with a pair of a pair of close fitting goatskin gloves (like Justins) and a larger pair of soft leather gloves (deerskin or soft cowhide) over those. I don't use insulated gloves. If I need to do some finer work, I pull the outer pair off, then put them back on. About the time my hands are really cold, I'm frozen all over and go in for a break. Working around snow and ice- it helps to rub down the outer pair with mink oil.

/ Keeping hands warm #27  
I use the exhaust from the tractor to warm my hands and gloves when they get cold.

/ Keeping hands warm #28  
What is this type of gloves called?
Lineman one finger mitts.

Here's one site that handles them.

Enduraョ Lineman Heavy-duty 1 Finger Mitt

I remember some COLD winter days doing rubber glove work on the 25 Kv lines. This work was done out of an insulated boom double bucket truck with the buckets lined with an insulated liner and we wore rubber gloves rated for 40 Kv. The gloves had a leather outer glove for mechanical protection and had zero ability to keep your fingers warm except from windchill. The problem was you would sweat in them and then the sweat would freeze. More than once I would remove them to find ice on my fingers. Back then it was impossible for me to close my fingers tight enough to make my fingertips touch my palms.

/ Keeping hands warm #29  

They look like the linesman gloves/mitts I have.

/ Keeping hands warm #30  
Lineman one finger mitts. ........

Thanks. These look like they would be handy for tractor use with the opposing finger free. I did a little research and they are also called trigger mittens, lobster mittens and even sniper mittens. They are readily available army surplus with a removable wool liner for about $15 on eBay and at army surplus stores.