Keeping hands warm

/ Keeping hands warm #1  

bobmisi

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 3820i
Has anyone found gloves that will keep your hands warm while on your tractor plowing snow for a couple of hours. I have clothes that keep the rest of my body warm, but my fingers are another story. I just bought a pair of Cabelas Pinnacle gloves for $100 that were supposed to be great to below zero temps. Used them to plow today, and my hands were cold just brushing off the vehicles while the tractor was warming up. By the time I got on the tractor, I needed to get in one of the vehicles to warm my hands. Needless to say the gloves are going back. My old Hotfingers gloves were better than these and they cost all of thirty bucks. Anyone tried the battery heated gloves, and are they any good? I don't mind spending the money, I just can't plow for a couple of hours with the gloves I have now. A cab for the tractor would be nice, but I'm in the woods to much, and there are none available for my tractor that I feel are worth what they are asking. By the way temperature today was about 6-8 degrees above.

/ Keeping hands warm #2  
I use the little hot hand pouches
cost about a buck and work for about 6 hrs.
put them in my boot too

/ Keeping hands warm #4  
If things get really cold which they are and have been and are supposed to keep being (hey there was ice in my shower this morning!), I wear fleece lined heavy leather mits. One can still operate stuff with them albeit not as easily. I have had numerous finger injuries and these are always the first to be affected by extreme cold.

Years ago, I used a snowmobile helmet to blow snow and had a heated visor. That actually worked pretty good!

/ Keeping hands warm #5  
Last year I spent $45.00 on a pair of gloves at Bass pro or one of those large shops. Arctic Sheild, they are camped, have thinsulate in them. Water proof. I can drive my team all morning and actually have to take off the gloves as my hands start to sweat in them! Only pair of gloves I have owned in my life that make my hands sweat, I take them off until my hands start to get cold, can put them back on and they warm my hands up again and again. Only downside, filling the wood stove and handling firewood and abrasive things eats them up. But driving the tractor or team, the second pair have lasted now two years. Best gloves I ever bought. Actually bought some last year through Sportsman's Guide that looked real similar for less money, came a size smaller and didn't fit my hands but my wife loves them and seem to be as good for her as mine are for me. And yes, my hands freeze easily.

/ Keeping hands warm #6  
I use mittens, but keep a pair of brown jersey gloves in my coat pockets for things that I have to have some finger dexterity for. The mittens seem to keep my fingers warmer than gloves

/ Keeping hands warm #7  
Those little hot pockets work really pretty well. Try them.

When things really get ridiculous here though I'll go to mittens. I've got a pair of tight woven wool with a leather shell to slip on over them if it gets too bad. That doesn't happen often because the wool is so dense wind doesn't get through, more often then not I put the leather shells on for some kind of grip.

/ Keeping hands warm #8  
Gunny, two pair of uninsulated brown jersey gloves do a pretty decent job of keeping hands warm for the money spent on them.

/ Keeping hands warm #9  
I use the long Ice Armor gloves. They're a little bulky, but for most tractor functions, they give plenty of dexterity.

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

/ Keeping hands warm #10