Kendall

/ Kendall #1  

SandburRanch

Veteran Member
Tractor
NHtd75
Fifty years ago Kendall motor oil was as common as a button on a shirt and was advertised as the 2,000 mile oil. It has been MIA for several years and now I see it back.

Does anyone run Kendall oil?

/ Kendall #2  
local place here uses it as their "house" oil, so to say. I've never really run it, though.

/ Kendall #3  
I used to use Kendall Oil products exclusively... Super D III, Super Blue grease and I can't recall the name of the regular motor oil. Alot of the dealerships used to get it in drums as their standard oil change.. It was good stuff..

I don't know where it went, either..

/ Kendall #4  
I believe firestone uses it in their oil changes

/ Kendall #6  
RavensRoost said:
Kendall used to be one of Don Gartlits' sponsors.[/QUOTE
They use to sponsor Terry Labonte before hendrick went to Quaker state

/ Kendall #7  
Last edited:
   / Kendall #8  
Kendall plant is in Bradford PA. Last time I went through that area (about 6 months ago) it was still in operation.

I always used Kendall racing oil in my Alfa Romeos, both street and race cars. In my opinion it was very good oil.

/ Kendall #9  
One of thje things that could set a company like Kendall apart from many as to quality, was that they bought the best base oil they could get. Outfits like them, HydroTex, and no doubt Schaeffer, they would not accept medium or poor quality base oil to make their products. It had to be a naturally high viscosity index oil with certain other excellent qualities. Now days, the big boys are about all using Group II base oil, which makes for better products than were extant not so long ago. Not long ago, Cat recommended 10,000 mile oil drains in big trucks. Now they go easily 30,000 miles, better base oils and technology allow for this. I well imagine that Conoco is still building a fine product in the Kendall line.

/ Kendall #10  
A company I did side work for (back when I had some time off each week) purchased a 55 gallon drum of Kendal motor oil, stashed it in the back room and then sold the machine that it was purchased for. Cleaning out that storage room by a new boss, and he wanted that stuff gone, NOW. I was the lucky new owner of that drum of oil (10w40) and it lasted me for years. I finally transfered the balance into a plastic drum so the oil didn't get contaminated by rust. Now nearing the end of the drum, I am sure going to miss it!!
Another one of those "in the right place at the right time deals"
David from jax