Keweenaw snow photos

/ Keweenaw snow photos #401  
We got a couple of inches of wet sloppy stuff today. The grandkids are here from Florida, and they had a great time out in the snow, made a couple of snowmen and threw lots of snowballs at each other and their mom and dad.
Was able to use the BX to clean the driveways, first time this winter.
I used to have that same hair style.

/ Keweenaw snow photos #402  
HueyLewis hair

/ Keweenaw snow photos
Hey ArlyA is there a toll to get on the Keweenaw peninsula nowadays . If so is it one way or both ways . BTW some folks like to state that the Keweenaw is technically an island . https://historicbridges.org/bridges/browser/?bridgebrowser=michigan/houghtonhancock/
Part of the Kewee is indeed an Island and has been for many, many years. But do note, the bottom of the pereninsula is about 20 miles south of Houghton, so the island part is only a portion of the Keweenaw.. Trivia question. Who can tell me how this great canyon, you can see in photos of the bridge was created?

Last edited:
   / Keweenaw snow photos
Pics from grooming taken late today. Hooking up.
P1030399.jpg
P1030409.jpg
P1030412.jpg
P1030416.jpg

/ Keweenaw snow photos
The paper says we've got around 75" of snow this year and something like 18 on the ground. This is not far from normal.

/ Keweenaw snow photos #409  
We got a couple of inches of wet sloppy stuff today. The grandkids are here from Florida, and they had a great time out in the snow, made a couple of snowmen and threw lots of snowballs at each other and their mom and dad.
Was able to use the BX to clean the driveways, first time this winter.
That reminds me of a kid I saw at Walmart the other day. Looking forward to the 5" we are supposed to get here.

/ Keweenaw snow photos #410  
Trivia question. Who can tell me how this great canyon, you can see in photos of the bridge was created?
From google not my guess is this the answer ?
The Keweenaw Peninsula and Isle Royale, formed by the Midcontinent Rift System, are the only sites in the United States with evidence of prehistoric aboriginal mining of copper. Artifacts made from this copper by these ancient indigenous people were traded as far south as present-day Alabama.[3] These areas are also the unique location where chlorastrolite, the state gem of Michigan, can be found.