Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall

/ Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall #11  
I worked at a hospital where the fire extinguishers had to be inspected every year. I bought mine from the fire and safety company that did our inspections. I take it back every few years to get inspected (free) and periodically more comprehensively tested. Did I maybe pay a little extra, yes. Am I having non-required inspections, yes. But it gives me peace of mind.

Doug in SW IA

/ Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall #12  
FYI on fire extinguisher maintenance

On the dry powder units no matter what brand, tap the bottom with a rubber mallet and shake back and forth 5-6 times a couple times a year. The reason being, is the powder has a tendency to settle and this procedure keeps it loose.

I do mine twice a year. When we go to DST in spring and when we go back in the fall.

I have a small CO2 extinguisher in the kitchen. I had a friend discharge a powder unit to extinguish a small grease fire, and it took FOREVER to clean up the powder. What a mess !

/ Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall #13  
Submitted 6 fire extinguishers from recall. All met their requirements. 3A40BC for all 6.

Got two delivered today. Both 2A10BC. Not the same. New ones have metal handles. Labels and instructions to how to return. It does not give information which of the 6 that qualified for recall to return?!?

Already disappointed in the number and size of recalled replacements.

Have a number to call Kiddie and request submission number from the original form for the 6. They don’t let you keep a copy of the original submission form details so going to be harder to have meaningful phone discussion.

/ Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall #14  
Submitted 6 fire extinguishers from recall. All met their requirements. 3A40BC for all 6.

Got two delivered today. Both 2A10BC. Not the same. New ones have metal handles. Labels and instructions to how to return. It does not give information which of the 6 that qualified for recall to return?!?

Already disappointed in the number and size of recalled replacements.

Have a number to call Kiddie and request submission number from the original form for the 6. They don’t let you keep a copy of the original submission form details so going to be harder to have meaningful phone discussion.

To follow up;
Called Kidde and didn’t take too long to speak to a customer service representative. Gave them my recall form number. They quickly found my request and told me it might take some time to know about the other four. Ask about how long? Put me on hold then told me shipping would email me within 72 hours to let me know. Next day had email notifications that the other four were shipped. Today got four 3A40BC new fire extinguishers.
Two original ones were the same size and configuration as the other four but white. Different model numbers and different rating so the first two that were sent were comparable. My fault for not noticing and making an erroneous comment.

This is really honorable that the company stood behind their products. They replaced 6 fire extinguishers.

Thank you to the members who shared this recall. Today hanging new fire extinguishers and packaging the old ones for return.

/ Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall #15  
I learned about a recall for Kidde fire extinguishers on this site in some thread, but I can't find the thread, so I'm posting anew: Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall

For the most part, Kidde extinguishers with plastic junk on top - either the pull pin or other parts - seem to have problems (apparently some emergency responders had them fail on them and deaths resulted).

I checked all of our extinguishers, and found two smaller ones that looked likely; they were probably 15 years old but had no date code on them, but I submitted the form anyways (need to find the serial number).

The web form says something like "thanks we'll get back to you" - about two weeks later I got two new fire extinguishers in the mail, with instructions and a label to return my old ones (you call FedEx and tell them that it's a hazardous pickup, and they come and get them).

Seems to be time well spent.
All I can say from my own personal experience with Kidde If your life depended on it make funeral arrangements.I took them to court 30 years ago & won do to a failure & I can not discuss anything else about it ,They're pure :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop:!!!!!!!! Period.Oh ! it wasn't even a year old.

/ Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall #16  
I got a replacement FE from them, they included a return box & label for Fed Ex Ground. When I called for a pickup, FED EX did not recognize the tracking number I gave them.

/ Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall #17  
I got a replacement FE from them, they included a return box & label for Fed Ex Ground. When I called for a pickup, FED EX did not recognize the tracking number I gave them.
As I posted about them they are :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: & as Forrest Gump said that's all I got say about that.