Kids Play Ground

/ Kids Play Ground #11  
   / Kids Play Ground #12  
Get one of these multipurpose slides. All it needs is a ladder up one side of the bed floor and a brace to keep it raised.

dumptrailer.jpg

:)

Bruce

/ Kids Play Ground #14  
This slide on Amazon is what I'm using as my starting point. Now I'm trying to find something bigger without spending a stupid amount of money for it.

Amazon.com: Playstar Scoop Slide, Swing Set Slide: Toys & Games

That looks fun. When I was a kid, my dad had a tree cut down in our backyard due to storm damage. It was a large tree. He had the company leave the stump about 4-5' tall. Then he built a platform on top of the stump, put a ladder up one side and a slide salvaged from a broken swing set on the other side. We played pirates and called it "The Crow's Nest" for years and years. He also dug out the dirt for about a 15' circle around the stump a foot deep and put sand in it. Played for hours in there with Tonka's.

Whatever you do, I'm sure the grandchild will just have a blast playing at your place. :)

/ Kids Play Ground #15  
Here's something I threw together for my boys which is built off of an existing swing set which was given to me. Part of the platform was an old deck. I just reused the joists.

I have more pics of you want any.
IMG_20200802_181019650_HDR.jpeg

/ Kids Play Ground
The porch swing is something I didn't consider!!!! Overall, it's kind of what I'm thinking, especially with the two levels and the beam going off to the right for swinging stuff.

/ Kids Play Ground
... He also dug out the dirt for about a 15' circle around the stump a foot deep and put sand in it. Played for hours in there with Tonka's.

A sand box of some kind might be fun too!!! I'll have to think about that.

/ Kids Play Ground #18  

Consider using pea gravel instead of sand. We put a small area of pea gravel about 3' x 10' just off my garage. The grandkids have really enjoyed it. And the pea gravel is not as messy when they bring it in the house.

/ Kids Play Ground #19  
The porch swing is something I didn't consider!!!! Overall, it's kind of what I'm thinking, especially with the two levels and the beam going off to the right for swinging stuff.

When our last kid left for college, we took down the two swings and rings, shortened the beam, and put up a porch swing for the wife and I. When the kids come home with their significant others, they seem to enjoy it as much as when it was swings when they were kids. :laughing:

Funny story about that. We'd go up to beaches at Lake Michigan often in summer in my parents' VW bus. We'd always take several wash tubs, and fill them with sand for the sandbox. Well, one year, we brought home sand fleas! :laughing:

Consider using pea gravel instead of sand. We put a small area of pea gravel about 3' x 10' just off my garage. The grandkids have really enjoyed it. And the pea gravel is not as messy when they bring it in the house.

We put pea gravel in the box under the sky fort for our kids. Worked good. And cats don't poop in it like sand. However, it's hard to take that toy backhoe and dig a nice trench for a pipeline in gravel. Damp sand was great.

Nothing says you can't have both a sand area and a pea gravel area, either. :thumbsup:

/ Kids Play Ground #20  
I am thinking of trying this Fun in a culvert - YouTube, I have a 20 foot piece of 24 id, It does have a small ribs on the inside but the kids in that video seem to ok with it. It is not cheap I think I payed about $400 for it 10 or more years ago.