Killer storms in the mid-West!

/ Killer storms in the mid-West! #1  

Western

Tractor
Kioti DK 35 now
Just saw this on FOX news, I know we have allot of TBNers in these areas. I am hopeful for the folks that are dealing with this destruction.

With the warmer than normal weather and the typical springtime storms, we are likely to see more of this. I saw Branson Missouri got hit among quite a few other areas, Branson is a wonderful area to vacation. It looks like theses storms are still on the move.

9 Dead, Dozens Hurt After Possible Tornadoes Rip Through Midwest | Fox News

/ Killer storms in the mid-West! #2  
Yep, we just never know when we'll be the next victim of such storms. We hope we're not, and sure wish the best for those who have been victims.

/ Killer storms in the mid-West! #4  
It missed us, just a lot of rain and high winds, but did damage to the west and east in Branson where kOua lives and then in Illinois.

/ Killer storms in the mid-West!
I tried calling my cousin, he lives south in Harrison. My uncle lives South of Springfield, so I wonder if he had damage, he is a long haul driver so likely not home.

Hopefully KOua will post and let us know he's all good. Branson is a great town, went there allot when we lived in Harrison. Lake Tanycomo has some great trout fish'n.

They said Joplin got hit too? is that true? That would suck after last years storm.

/ Killer storms in the mid-West! #6  
I tried calling my cousin, he lives south in Harrison. My uncle lives South of Springfield, so I wonder if he had damage, he is a long haul driver so likely not home.

Hopefully KOua will post and let us know he's all good. Branson is a great town, went there allot when we lived in Harrison. Lake Tanycomo has some great trout fish'n.

They said Joplin got hit too? is that true? That would suck after last years storm.

All I know is what I have seen on the local and national news, so I haven't heard about Joplin. Puxico is the closet place to us and there was a lot of damage, but no fatalities.

James has not posted on the regional post for Missouri in the regional section.

/ Killer storms in the mid-West! #7  
Harrisburg is about 80 or so miles south of me. It was quiet here. Dad says we have family in that area but they must be distantly related because I know none of them. Hope all our TBN friends are ok. Sounds like the severe storms aren't over yet according to the weather man.

/ Killer storms in the mid-West! #8  
Hi all thanks for thinking of me, we are OK here at my house.. I was down in a hotel in central AR. last night, and my heart was in my throat when I turned on FOX news this morning and saw Branson was hit. Called the wife and she did not answer. Not good. I waited a few minutes and called again, and this time she woke up and answered the phone. She had been up late, watching the storm an taking late calls from relatives and she was still asleep at 6:45! Anyway we are good at home no damage,.. not so much downtown.. from what I got from her there are several business destroyed and 1 dead and several hurt. Also damage to several of the theaters.. She was at church when I got home this evening, helping feed the homeless and unfortunate. Power is still out for several areas. We never lost power at the house, ( about 3 miles from downtown). I saw nothing when I drove by on 65, this evening but I did not go downtown, to look, as I did not want to be in the way of cleanup folks. I saw some photos, and they did not look good. I understand the huge new high rise hotel on the landing (Hilton) had a lot of windows blown out and a lot of the furniture sucked out. Also a lot of damage on the hill on the other side of the lake.. The path of destruction seems to be very narrow. That is about all I know. Again thanks for your concern

James K0UA

/ Killer storms in the mid-West! #9  
Glad to hear you and your family are safe. EF 4 I've heard.

/ Killer storms in the mid-West! #10  
There were lots of high winds at my place and stuff was blown around quite a bit, but no damage. A tornado (later rated as an EF1 or EF2) passed by about about 12 miles away and did a lot of damage in Buffalo. It destroyed a mobile home park, killing one person. The pictures of the destruction were absolutely horrible. My weather radio sounded the tornado warning shortly after midnight, so my wife and I were ready to grab our daughters and take cover. Hail pounded the windows in the house. We are grateful that all went well. Mike.