Kinda chapped at Milwaukee Tools

/ Kinda chapped at Milwaukee Tools #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
So I have a nice Milwaukee impact driver. A fuel 18v. It died. I think the trigger stopped working. A simple switch in my mind. Went to the Milwaukee repair store. Walked in. Guy looked up from the counter and said. “Don’t bother. The switch costs more than a new gun”. Turns out that the whole innards are soldered together including the motor. Frustrating.

/ Kinda chapped at Milwaukee Tools #2  
That's the way it is with most power tools & household appliances. I had a Makita plug in drill go bad. They didn't even look at it - just gave me a brand new one and threw the old in the trash.

/ Kinda chapped at Milwaukee Tools #3  
So I have a nice Milwaukee impact driver. A fuel 18v. It died. I think the trigger stopped working. A simple switch in my mind. Went to the Milwaukee repair store. Walked in. Guy looked up from the counter and said. 泥on稚 bother. The switch costs more than a new gun? Turns out that the whole innards are soldered together including the motor. Frustrating.
SOS here. What happens to me next is they have changed designs and my old batteries that i just replaced 6 months ago, because the originals died, wont work in new drill driver replacement

Last edited:
   / Kinda chapped at Milwaukee Tools #4  
I have been "chapped" at them ever since they moved to china!!

SR

/ Kinda chapped at Milwaukee Tools #6  
So I have a nice Milwaukee impact driver. A fuel 18v. It died. I think the trigger stopped working. A simple switch in my mind. Went to the Milwaukee repair store. Walked in. Guy looked up from the counter and said. “Don’t bother. The switch costs more than a new gun”. Turns out that the whole innards are soldered together including the motor. Frustrating.

I haven't had a problem getting their tools repaired under the 5 year warranty.

Andy

/ Kinda chapped at Milwaukee Tools #7  
Getting to more and more of than now a days,some call it throw away models. :(

/ Kinda chapped at Milwaukee Tools #8  
The reason why I went with Rigid with their lifetime warranty, including batteries.

/ Kinda chapped at Milwaukee Tools #9  
The reason why I went with Rigid with their lifetime warranty, including batteries.

I've seen it, but know no one that has exercised the warranty. Have you? Most people don't know they have to register within 90 days to get the lifetime.

/ Kinda chapped at Milwaukee Tools #10  
I have, but only the LED light. Sucks that you can't take it back to HD! Actually, never mind. If I don't have to go there and put up with the Canadian style of retailing, that's ok.

I have to go to a local warranty depot, a really good competent tool store, but they have to order the replacement.

I have had the tools maybe eight years or so and of course, having the warranty I have had no issues. Being not regularly used, it's the batteries I worry about most.