King Kutter 72" Rear Blade broken. :-(

/ King Kutter 72" Rear Blade broken. :-( #1  

TheLandofSnipers

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey 1735M / Ford 2N
Split right on the seam of the pipe. I would have thought this seam would have been facing 180 degrees from where they installed it. Weakest part of the pipe in the highest stress area of the mount. No warranty of course. Going to take it to a local welding shop and have them re-enforce it a bit.

photo_2022-01-05_14-33-32.jpg

/ King Kutter 72" Rear Blade broken. :-( #2  
That is surprising. And what an inconvenient time for it to happen.

That looks *a lot* like the mount and pivot on my KK landscape rake. You'd think they'd beef up the same mount to put on a blade. You'd exert much more force on that mount with your blade than I would with my rake.

/ King Kutter 72" Rear Blade broken. :-(
That is surprising. And what an inconvenient time for it to happen.

That looks *a lot* like the mount and pivot on my KK landscape rake. You'd think they'd beef up the same mount to put on a blade. You'd exert much more force on that mount with your blade than I would with my rake.
Yeah, I have the rake too, same setup.

/ King Kutter 72" Rear Blade broken. :-( #4  
Looks like it should be reasonably easy to fix and reinforce, maybe add a grease fitting

/ King Kutter 72" Rear Blade broken. :-( #5  
Not sure a replacement will be so easy to find.

/ King Kutter 72" Rear Blade broken. :-( #6  
You would think the bottom would of broke out instead of the top if you were pulling the blade. When I first looked at it, it reminded me of a freeze break...if water was in it and it froze.

/ King Kutter 72" Rear Blade broken. :-( #7  
I'd fix that defect myself and add a grease fitting too. King Cutter implements aren't what I consider heavy duty in the first place and their welding certainly is sub standard. Their welds look similar to welds on Recreational Vehicles. RV welders are mostly Fast Food restaurant transplants.

/ King Kutter 72" Rear Blade broken. :-(
You would think the bottom would of broke out instead of the top if you were pulling the blade. When I first looked at it, it reminded me of a freeze break...if water was in it and it froze.
That is a darn good point.

/ King Kutter 72" Rear Blade broken. :-( #10  
Their welds look similar to welds on Recreational Vehicles. RV welders are mostly Fast Food restaurant transplants.

😂 i have heard such things about RVs from other sources as well. Glad i don't own one.

I will give a plug for Modvans though. Startup making quality stuff. Modvans.com