King Kutter 72" Rear Blade broken. :-(

/ King Kutter 72" Rear Blade broken. :-(
I'm curious how you "replaced" it as there would seem to be a lot of cutting apart, replacing the bad part and then re-welding it all back together. Also seems odd that the store would stock a welded component. I obviously missed something here.

Also it doesn't seem that the damage was allowed by any defective welding on the part of King Kutter. The split tube was more than likely seam welded at the tubing mill. It's possible that it is (was) DOM tubing that would not have a seam but unlikely because DOM (Drawn Over Mandrel) tubing is very expensive compared to welded seam tubing.
1. Take cash from my farm budget stash and put it in my pocket.
2. Use three recovery straps all linked together and my '77 Chevy in 4wd to pull my little 4x8' trailer through 100+ feet of 3' deep snow until it reached the main driveway.
3. Shovel 3' snow off of the little trailer.
4. Hooked the 4x8" trailer to my '21 F150 and drove 21 miles to the farm store in blizzard conditions. Almost die.
5. Pay cash for new 84" back blade.
6. Help the kid in the yard load it on the trailer.
7. Go home and install new back blade.

Maybe it was just an email with a picture while KK contacted the local store. (y)
Hardly. They have no warranty on their products.

/ King Kutter 72" Rear Blade broken. :-( #23  
I think you'll enjoy having the extra 12". Hope the stem is built a little stronger.

Don't ya "hate" digging that cash out of the stash......

/ King Kutter 72" Rear Blade broken. :-( #24  
Ok, guys. Sorry I asked. :) Just couldn't bring myself to believe that the whole unit would be replaced but it makes sense especially if a wider blade was needed and then would allow time to fix the old one to sell or whatever.

I'm thinking the split tube could be brought back together with porta power, the split beveled out, reinforced and rewelded.

E-mailed King Kutter back and forth several times. Basically came down to me not having the paper copy of my receipt. Their Customer Dis-Service rep Cody told me I was S.O.L. Unless I gave them a receipt. So keep that in mind when you buy attachments for your tractor.

/ King Kutter 72" Rear Blade broken. :-( #27  
How do you apply enough force to break it plowing snow? Did you hit a stump or something?
It's my assessment that the tube is not strong enough. It appears to be a 1/4" wall welded pipe. My concern is whether the new blade's tube is strong enough.

How do you apply enough force to break it plowing snow? Did you hit a stump or something?
My driveway is well established with all the nearby stumps ground down by our Woodland Mills stump grinder, an implement that works far better than advertised.

/ King Kutter 72" Rear Blade broken. :-( #29  
What ended our relationship with KK, and we sold KK for MANY years..

At Everything Attachments, if something happens to an EA product, or to something EA sells, our customers are Family, and will be treated as such, even if it is YEARS down the road. That's what continues to widen the gap between EA and others in the marketplace.
Travis

20170610_152618e.jpg

/ King Kutter 72" Rear Blade broken. :-( #30  
E-mailed King Kutter back and forth several times. Basically came down to me not having the paper copy of my receipt. Their Customer Dis-Service rep Cody told me I was S.O.L. Unless I gave them a receipt. So keep that in mind when you buy attachments for your tractor.
I take a picture of the receipt with my phone as soon as I buy something. I may have to dig through 1000 christmas and cat pictures to find it but I know somewhere I've got a copy of that receipt.