Kioti CK 30 over heating

/ Kioti CK 30 over heating #1  

knibloe

Tractor
kioti ck30
This summer I had to repair the radiator in my Ck 30 HST. When I put it back together, I just put in water because I wanted to make sure that there were no leaks. Its getting cold soon, so tonight I drained the water and put in pre mixed antifreeze. I started the tractor and let it run for a fwe minutes. I looked at the temperature guage and it was getting hot.

Did I somehow cook the water pump? Did I do something to the thermostat?

/ Kioti CK 30 over heating #2  
Have you used the tractor since repairing the radiator? If so and the tractor did not have a cooling problem then it sounds like it has air trapped and not letting the coolant circulate.

Also when you say water do you mean tap water or distilled? How long has just water been in the system?

/ Kioti CK 30 over heating
Yes the tractor has been used daily since the rediator was put in. I used tap water not distilled water. That was 2 months ago. Is it possible that there is air trapped in it now?

Last edited:
   / Kioti CK 30 over heating #4  
Let it cool and then check the level and you will probably need to top it off if the air has escaped… run it again and see what happens. Too bad you didn’t use distilled water 🤷

Let it cool and then check the level and you will probably need to top it off if the air has escaped… run it again and see what happens. Too bad you didn’t use distilled water 🤷
Didn't know I was supposed to used distilled water. Is that the case any tiime you put water in a cooling system?

I know that this a long time in replying. After reading your posts, I went out and shook the tractor. This apparently "burped" the radiator. I put more coolant in and it has worked fine since then. I might have a small leak somewhere as I have had to top it off twice, but I haven't found a leak yet. Haven't ran it a lot either, so might just need a little mor.

Thanks for the help!!

/ Kioti CK 30 over heating #7  
Thanks for the update. Sounds like it’s all good…😉

/ Kioti CK 30 over heating #8  
I know that this a long time in replying. After reading your posts, I went out and shook the tractor. This apparently "burped" the radiator. I put more coolant in and it has worked fine since then. I might have a small leak somewhere as I have had to top it off twice, but I haven't found a leak yet. Haven't ran it a lot either, so might just need a little mor.

Thanks for the help!!

I have to top off the coolant occasionally in my various machines; I think that’s just normal - nothing to worry about unless you’re having to add large amounts each time.