Kioti CK30HST Manual for dummies / Hydro Issue

/ Kioti CK30HST Manual for dummies / Hydro Issue #1  

EJP1234

Bronze Member
Tractor
2020 JD4066R, Cub Cadet GT2042, JDZ355E, and more Stihl products than I really need!
kioti manual.jpg

I'm a dummy, I admit it... I had a boo boo today when doing some lot clearing on my CK30HST. I have been cutting down small trees and dragging them with the landscrape rack and then pushing them into a large pile with the bucket. Anyways a medium size holly tree got rammed up into the valve below the function valve for the FEL... I had fluid flying out everywhere. I got the tree out, then tightened the fittings it jiggled loose..

This is first time I need to fiddle with Hydro fluid....

The manual shows the small one being the fill? The large one listed as #2 I actually have a valve/quick disconnect there for whatever reason. #1 as shown in the manual, how the "f" do I get 7.9gallons of fluid into that teeny hole... Am I to assume they have this labeled backwards?

As well, can someone post photos of the drain plugs underneath? Again the manual sucks and I want to make sure I am doing it right.

/ Kioti CK30HST Manual for dummies / Hydro Issue #2  
You manual is labeled backwards.
#1 is the dipstick tube.

/ Kioti CK30HST Manual for dummies / Hydro Issue #3  
You wouldn't be the first one who is tryong to fill up through the dipstick.
The sad part is that the manual is wrong.
You wouldn't do any harm to the tractor when filling there. It's just about patience.....

/ Kioti CK30HST Manual for dummies / Hydro Issue #4  
There is a larger tube near the top. It is called the "breather tube" as air flows thru the "J" hook to prevent vacuum in the tank. The red cap just pops out (not necessarily easily).
fill_sm.jpg
If you have a backhoe, the "return to tank" line may be connected to this tube. It will handle much higher flow to tank. Which does make it easier to overfill... careful.

/ Kioti CK30HST Manual for dummies / Hydro Issue #5  
On my 2004 CK30hst, that red larger rubber plug with the hooked top is threaded, right hand thread. I don't have any pictures for the hydro oil drains but there should be one large one on the bottom of the trans case about in the middle. It also has a magnet attached to it and when removed, you may see some metal dust or little shavings attached which is normal. There is also one on each outer ends of the rear axle, at the bottom, facing inwards where the wet brakes are.

/ Kioti CK30HST Manual for dummies / Hydro Issue
I got it figured out this morning. I'm not sure why they put a valve on my fill? I have the backhoe but have rear remotes and don't use that for the backhoe.

It looks like I lost about 2gals! Ouch...

/ Kioti CK30HST Manual for dummies / Hydro Issue
And PS, very surprised at the editing in the manual lol... I'm no mechanic, but it really didn't make any sense to me and I half way understand the machine lol but not fully.

I also crawled under and found the drain plugs.

Thanks for all the insight.

/ Kioti CK30HST Manual for dummies / Hydro Issue #8  
I'm not sure why they put a valve on my fill? I have the backhoe but have rear remotes and don't use that for the backhoe.
What I was told is that the fluid returning to tank through the valve will (or at least can theoretically) get hotter faster due to the smaller opening in the remote valve. Using the breather tube as the return to tank can prevent overheating.

I don't work my backhoe hard enough for overheating to be likely, so I just use the rear valve as you do.

/ Kioti CK30HST Manual for dummies / Hydro Issue #9  
On my 2004 CK30hst, that red larger rubber plug with the hooked top is threaded, right hand thread.
Mine too. I just didn't know that beforehand and simply pried it out. :eek: Should be easier next time. :laughing:

/ Kioti CK30HST Manual for dummies / Hydro Issue #10  
What I was told is that the fluid returning to tank through the valve will (or at least can theoretically) get hotter faster due to the smaller opening in the remote valve. Using the breather tube as the return to tank can prevent overheating.

I don't work my backhoe hard enough for overheating to be likely, so I just use the rear valve as you do.

It indeed gets hotter the OEM way (using the AUX valve work ports to power the hoe.) Sadly, plumbing the return to the
fill tube/vent, even using a nice welded Tee is not a good solution, as I have found. The return oil overwhelms the vent
and overflows. Even at only 17-1800 RPM.

The best solution for powering the hoe (in PB series before or after the AUX valves), is in my future. I have not done
it yet, but if I work the hoe hard for an hour, the fluid gets hotter than I like. I have a few hundred hours on
my hoe already.