Kioti ck3510 vs dk 4210

/ Kioti ck3510 vs dk 4210 #1  

Mudlick

Tractor
Ford 1310
Looking between these two models. I compared on Kioti website just wondering if there’s a real-world noticeable difference. Wanting either shuttle or hst and primarily going to use FEL (mainly for snow, little dirt, little dry gravel), a grapple, and a tiller on flat to mildly hilly land

/ Kioti ck3510 vs dk 4210 #2  
The DK will be a larger, heavier tractor at about 1,000 lbs more.I think the FEL capacity is ~800 lbs more. That would be a plus for grapple work. About 1,000 lbs more lift at 3PH as well. PTO HP looks to be about the same. I don't believe there is that much difference in price, so I would go with the DK.

Last edited:
   / Kioti ck3510 vs dk 4210
The DK will be a larger, heavier tractor at about 1,000 lbs more.I think the FEL capacity is ~800 lbs more. That would be a plus for grapple work. About 1,000 lbs more lift at 3PH as well. PTO HP looks to be about the same. I don't believe there is that much difference in price, so I would go with the DK.
Yes I like the increased weight and such. If same price I feel like that’s the way to go. Local dealer was friendly but tried to push shuttle shift over hst. I’m not necessarily sold on either one...on one hand, I don’t like having run rpms higher with hst, but I’m not excited about using clutch all the time either. Would shuttle “last longer” (I know that’s a loaded question) than hst?

/ Kioti ck3510 vs dk 4210 #4  
Yes I like the increased weight and such. If same price I feel like that’s the way to go. Local dealer was friendly but tried to push shuttle shift over hst. I’m not necessarily sold on either one...on one hand, I don’t like having run rpms higher with hst, but I’m not excited about using clutch all the time either. Would shuttle “last longer” (I know that’s a loaded question) than hst?
With T4 you will typically be running higher RPM anyway to minimize regens. You don't lose as much PTO HP with shuttle shift as you do HST. It really comes down to preference. I chose shuttle since ~90% of my usage is mowing on rolling hills. I'd rather have the extra PTO HP. I just don't do much loader work and only occasional grapple work. My last tractor (for 27 years) was also shuttle and never had any issues with the clutch or gearbox. Other than test drives I don't have any experience with HST.

/ Kioti ck3510 vs dk 4210
With T4 you will typically be running higher RPM anyway to minimize regens. You don't lose as much PTO HP with shuttle shift as you do HST. It really comes down to preference. I chose shuttle since ~90% of my usage is mowing on rolling hills. I'd rather have the extra PTO HP. I just don't do much loader work and only occasional grapple work. My last tractor (for 27 years) was also shuttle and never had any issues with the clutch or gearbox. Other than test drives I don't have any experience with HST.
thank you

/ Kioti ck3510 vs dk 4210 #6  
DK, all the way

/ Kioti ck3510 vs dk 4210 #8  
I have had both. I think the DK is best unless you need the smaller size. Need to step up to the 4710. I think the 4210 might leave you wanting.

/ Kioti ck3510 vs dk 4210 #9  
Compare the rear wheels. The DK should have bolted centers that allow you to widen the stance/width of the tractor and this is a great safety feature, especially for new owners, if you are. (Some CK models have adjustable centers as well). Have the dealer do this before delivery. The extra lift capacity mentioned above does come in handy when you have pallet forks (a must ;-). The tractors are close to the same length, but when including the loader in the measurement, I think you'll find the DK almost 2' longer.
The HST has some advantages working in tight spaces and the back and forth of loader work. The shuttle with hand rpm control means foot free diving for mowing, etc, although the HST likely has cruise control.