KIOTI CK3510se PTO Output Shaft Not Free Wheeling/Free Spinning

/ KIOTI CK3510se PTO Output Shaft Not Free Wheeling/Free Spinning #1  

OhioCowboy

Silver Member
Tractor
KIOTI CK3510se HST Open Station w/FEL, RK24 HST w/FEL & Backhoe, DEAD-NH TC33D HST
This is the first tractor I've owned with the electric PTO engagement. HST (no clutch), no mid PTO just rear and no neutral or disengagement lever for PTO. Just the round yellow engage/disengage switch. Is it something I've missed or is it no longer possible to turn the tractor PTO output shaft freely while attaching an implement? My KIOTI requires that I rotate the flail or rototiller or mower blades or rotor by hand to align the PTO shaft splines with the splines on the tractor PTO output. Previously I could just rotate the tractor PTO shaft easily to align the splines. If I was 40-50 years younger or had a helper working with me all day it would be easier to make the connection.... I currently have my wife pushing/pulling on a crowbar when changing implements but she doesn't appreciate being on call all day. Dealer says that's the way it is. Of course I didn't try to hook anything up that uses a PTO before I paid for it and had it delivered. 😶‍🌫️😵‍💫🤠 Thanks-Paul

/ KIOTI CK3510se PTO Output Shaft Not Free Wheeling/Free Spinning #2  
If the tractor doesn't have a lever to select between different PTO gears or between mid and rear PTO, then no. There is no way to make the PTO free spin since it has a spring actuated brake on the PTO clutch pack.

/ KIOTI CK3510se PTO Output Shaft Not Free Wheeling/Free Spinning
ptsg - thanks. My best solution will be to cut about a 2 inch piece out of the plastic safety cover so I can put a pipe wrench on the implement PTO shaft to turn to make adjustments while pushing the shaft onto the tractor. I'm amazed I have not heard or read about my issue before. Thanks again

/ KIOTI CK3510se PTO Output Shaft Not Free Wheeling/Free Spinning #4  
Have you checked your manual? I can check mine in a bit, but it's in my garage.

It would be silly to me that I can freewheel my PTO, and you can't.

Absolutely. If yours is HST, Electric PTO, no foot clutch etc. ptsg says "it has a spring actuated brake on the PTO clutch pack". I tend to agree with him. But why do my mowers and such keep spinning for 10-20 seconds after I shut them off? I guess I could try turning the output shaft with the pipe wrench....sounds like something I would have done 30-40 years ago...not today...to much $$$ for doing things like that today. :sneaky:😄

I'm wondering if I turned the engine off then turned the PTO switch to on/engage if the brake would be released so I can turn the PTO output stub to align splines with the PTO shaft? Maybe I can find the wires that activate the brake on the PTO clutch pack. Then I could turn it on/off when connecting implements that need PTO...?? There's got to be a work around somehow that I'm missing here.

/ KIOTI CK3510se PTO Output Shaft Not Free Wheeling/Free Spinning #7  
I checked the service manual for the CK3510SE to make sure I was not throwing out some non sense, but it does look like I'm right. PTO clutch with spring actuated brake.

Once there is no pressure to engage the clutch pack, the brake actuates.

Even if it had Mid PTO option, it wouldn't change much because the way they did it, both Mid and Rear PTO would turn at the same time if the Mid PTO lever was engaged.

The only way to have it free spinning would be with 540E option that is actually standard in Europe in the CK3520. This would give you a lever to choose from: 540 - Neutral - 540E.

/ KIOTI CK3510se PTO Output Shaft Not Free Wheeling/Free Spinning #8  
I only have 3 pto powered implements, but they all spin easy enough by hand at the shaft end. Are you really using a crowbar to align the splines?
My previous tractor allowed me to spin the pto stub, not so with the new machine.

ptsg - Thanks for your time looking into this. Good additional info you found. I see on the tach there is a spot designated as 540E, about 1800, and another spot designated as 540, about 2400. I just assumed I was to use slower 540E rpm for light work and fuel economy. Nothing in the manual about the 540E.
Thanks for your time. I'll keep on working on it.

/ KIOTI CK3510se PTO Output Shaft Not Free Wheeling/Free Spinning #10  
The 540E option isn't available for these in the US.