Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h

/ Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h #62  
I have several Allis Chalmers for my big jobs. For a nice utility tractor I have a TYM 394 with cab and loader. I love the tractor heavy built. So far no problems run a 7 foot finish mower and a 6 foot brush hog with it. I have beet juice in back tires. Cab is confortable good heat and air. I would buy another TYM with out thinking other brands.

/ Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h
I'm into 17 hours with my tractor. I would say the first 8 to 10 hours is basically learning how to be effective with it. (though I think I got a ways to go.) Even when I come across a 2" to 3" stump in the ground from a previous time when I cut the sapling down. I try to lift it out of the ground with my grapple. It lifts my rear wheels off the ground. Should I invest in a stump bucket?

/ Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h #64  
I'm into 17 hours with my tractor. I would say the first 8 to 10 hours is basically learning how to be effective with it. (though I think I got a ways to go.) Even when I come across a 2" to 3" stump in the ground from a previous time when I cut the sapling down. I try to lift it out of the ground with my grapple. It lifts my rear wheels off the ground. Should I invest in a stump bucket?
It depends. Personally, I think a lot of people who use stump buckets push their tractor beyond its capacity. If it were me, I'd keep my chainsaw on my tractor and cut the stump closer to the ground. Then I'd let nature reclaim it. Of course , that is where it depends. If it is in your lawn and might upset your aesthetic, maybe it needs to come out.

Back in the day, grandpa would use the tractor to pull the stump out. Your tractor has a strong FEL, but I would bet your tractor can pull more than it can lift.

/ Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h #65  
It depends. Personally, I think a lot of people who use stump buckets push their tractor beyond its capacity. If it were me, I'd keep my chainsaw on my tractor and cut the stump closer to the ground. Then I'd let nature reclaim it. Of course , that is where it depends. If it is in your lawn and might upset your aesthetic, maybe it needs to come out.

Back in the day, grandpa would use the tractor to pull the stump out. Your tractor has a strong FEL, but I would bet your tractor can pull more than it can lift.

I agree, cut and leave it OR pull it out.

/ Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h #66  
As others said, cut it off low so that you can go over it. After a couple of years that stump should pop right out with your box blade. Just make sure you keep the sprouts knocked back or they will keep the root system alive.
You will probably find that you have other, more important things to do than mess with stumps which will rot down anyways.

My property is three (3) acres.

In addition to my three acres, I have approximately 1,200 ft of unmaintained County Road which will require regular box blade work, including a lot of roots. Plus I want to increase road width so two vehicles can squeeze by. I will need to remove lot of trees four inches or less in diameter.

BRANSON 2610H​

DIMENSIONS
Wheelbase​
65.7 in (1670)
Overall Length (W/ 3PT)​
122.9 in (3,122 mm)
Min.Overall Width​
53.8 in (1,369 mm)
Overall Height (W/ ROPS)​
91.5 in (2,328 mm)
Ground Clearance (4WD)​
15.1 in (382 mm)
Min.Turning Radius (W/ Brake)​
9.61 ft (2.93 m)
Weight​
2106 lbs (956 kg)

ENGINE
Engine Model​
A1100N2 IDI NA
Aspiration​
Natural
Emissions Standards​
Tier 4
Engine Gross Power​
24 hp (17.9 kW)
PTO Power​
18 hp (13.5 kW)
No. of Cylinders​
Displacement​
71.7 cu.in (1,175 cc)
Rated Revolution​
2800 RPM

I consider a 2,106 pound bare weight tractor ample for three acres of property maintenance. However, your county owned, 1,200' unmaintained road alters the calculation. You will have to be willing to spend many hours maintaining your 1,200' root laced road with a box blade pulled behind a 2,106 pound bare weight tractor. Unless your soil is soft, you will only be able to move dirt when the soil is optimally moist.

Consider that engine displacement is only 71.7 cubic inches. Generating this power requires engine revs of 2,800 rpm, so the engine will likely be fairly loud and the HST may whine. The 24-horsepower gross is at sea level. If you are above 3,500' or so in altitude, power generated will be less.
This light model has 15.1" of ground clearance, so it is going to feel fairly tippy, even with essential liquid rear tire ballast, to a novice operator working a rutted/uneven road.

BRANSON 2515R​

DIMENSIONS
Wheelbase​
65.7 in (1,670 mm)
Overall Length (W/ 3PT)​
120.9 in (3,071 mm)
Min.Overall Width​
56.3 in (1,430 mm)
Overall Height (W/ ROPS)​
97.3 in (2,471 mm)
Ground Clearance (4WD)​
14.4 in (366 mm)
Min.Turning Radius (W/ Brake)​
7.51 in (2.29 mm)
Weight​
2,989 lbs (1,356 kg)

ENGINE
Engine Model​
Branson A1700N6 IDI
Aspiration​
Natural
Emissions Standards​
Tier 4
Engine Gross Power​
24 hp (18 kW)
PTO Power​
21 hp (15.7 kW)
No. of Cylinders​
Displacement​
104.5 cu.in (1,714 cc)
Rated Revolution​
2100 RPM

Not difficult to discern the advantage of the 2515R for road maintenance. The Synchoshuttle transmission will transfer motive power to the wheels about 10% more efficiently than the HST transmission. The additional 883 pounds (+42% over Branson 2610H) and 2" of width will keep this tractor significantly more solidly planted on the ground.

With a bare weight of 2,989 pounds, motivated by 24-horsepower, I would NOT order rear tire ballast. Inflate all four tires with air. Put the rear weight into the Box Blade. There is only so much work 24-horsepower can do.

When considering a tractor purchase bare tractor weight first, tractor horsepower second, rear axle width third, rear wheel/tire ballast fourth.
I now have about 32 hours on my Branson 2515R. My soil condition I would for the most part view as soft. Mostly sand. I did some grading with my tractor. I found when hitting some roots like 3" plus. That the 24HP engine in the low gear (low gear is really slow, like i might go back in time slow) had no issue even with liquid ballets tires in rear. It did not bog down. The issue was simply tires would spin in place. Then I would lift up on the boxblade and tines would slip off the root or break the root. Then I would continue on. Weight was more an issue I found than the low 24HP. Over all I'm pleased with my tractor. Jeff9366 thanks for your input was very helpful in make my decision in my purchase of a tractor

/ Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h #68  
I now have about 32 hours on my Branson 2515R. My soil condition I would for the most part view as soft. Mostly sand. I did some grading with my tractor. I found when hitting some roots like 3" plus. That the 24HP engine in the low gear (low gear is really slow, like i might go back in time slow) had no issue even with liquid ballets tires in rear. It did not bog down. The issue was simply tires would spin in place. Then I would lift up on the boxblade and tines would slip off the root or break the root. Then I would continue on. Weight was more an issue I found than the low 24HP. Over all I'm pleased with my tractor. Jeff9366 thanks for your input was very helpful in make my decision in my purchase of a tractor
When possible, please share some pictures of your machine.

Thank you.

When possible, please share some pictures of your machine.

Thank you.
IMG_20221203_154457.jpg

IMG_20221119_161555.jpg

Here's some photos. Getting a little bit more efficient with the grapple. Was able to pull up three and a half to 4 in stump of a tree. Currently have 40 hours on my tractor.

/ Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h #70  
The control modules on these are typical to go out, a recall was just issued on some. Otherwise, they are quite reliable and durable.

Last edited: