Kioti DK 5310se hst

/ Kioti DK 5310se hst #1  

tblakemore

Tractor
DK5310SE HST Cab & Toro Timecutter ss5500
Hi everyone,

Short story: we bought a DK5310SE HST with a bunch of upgrades and attachments.

Long story:

We Live in the Finger Lakes region of upstate New York & have been lurking on this forum off and on for quite a while. We own a fair bit of property here (around 100 acres crop farmed and a 35 acre wood lot) A few years ago I looked into a tractor in the 50hp range to help out with some property maintenance and projects. At the time I felt that LS offered a lot of value for the money, but my sadly my wallet wasn’t able to afford anything close to that range. So we began socking cash away to spend toward the tractor.

We have decided to finally take the plunge to buy something that will fit the bill of what we think will be enough tractor to do the work and not be under powered. I personally am in the “it would be nice to have a cab” for a variety of reasons (weather, winter & a long driveway, bugs, reduced noise, dust, etc.)

Not having an unlimited budget we elected to strike John Deere and Kubota off the list and began looking around for cabbed tractors in other manufactures. I narrowed things down to an LS Dealer and a two different Kioti dealers with the following cabbed models in stock. (There was also a TYM dealer that was recommended and I never got a chance to follow up with)

LS MT352 Hydro: MT352H/HC/C - 52HP - LS Tractor USA

Kioti CK 3510SE HST: https://www.kioti.com/products/tractors/ck10se-series/ck3510se-hc/

Kioti DK 5310SE HST: https://www.kioti.com/products/tractors/dk10se-series/dk5310se-hc/

Not being super familiar with the Kioti tractor line I did some research. First hand from talking with my cousin who has a non-cabbed model in a similar horse power range. He only had good things to say about his experience with it. I also found a youtube channel (Sawing with Sandy) and he does some really decent reviews of a variety of models in the 35 hp range:
I feel that his reviews take a great non-objective approach and the points he makes about his experience with his tractor a Kioti DK40se hst (even though an older model) were quite helpful. I feel that his use cases for how he uses his tractor are very similar to how believe I’ll be using the one we're getting.

There are two kioti dealers in the area, I went to one and checked out a CK3510se hst cab model they had in stock. The CK model line (for those unfamiliar with Kioti) basically is the top of the line model that comes with all the options installed standard (so to speak) and DK line is stripped down and you buy the options you want/need. This dealer did not have any other cabbed models in stock and didn’t know when the next shipment might come in due to the supply chain hit that Covid has had on so many industries. He quoted me $32,000 (at 0% 84 month) for the CK3510se & loader and while the tractor is very nice, but I felt it a bit to small for what I wanted to do.

I called down to the LS dealer, they had an LS MT352 hydro cab model in stock got a verbal price of $34,600 for (0% loan)

I also have another Kioti dealer in my area and I was out that way and stopped in after business hours they had DK5310se HST on the lot and a sticker price of $39,329 marked down to $30,245. (with Loader at 3.99% for 72 months) I called the next day and the sales rep said it was still for sale, so my wife and I went up and checked it out, drove the tractor around we talked about the tractor and the price seemed really good for what it was so we made the decision to buy it. Also got some additional upgrades, options, and attachments to go along with it.

Additional options are:
  • 3rd function
  • 2nd rear remote
  • Windshield wiper
  • Rim guard in the tires
  • Block heater
  • Arm rests
  • Shop manual

Attachments:
  • Loader
  • Grapple
  • Pallet forks
  • Rotary cutter
  • Rear quick attach
  • Box scraper

Some (well, many of) these things will need to be ordered, but the tractor, pallet forks and rotary cutter are in stock. Down payment is in and I hope to finalize delivery of what’s in stock this week.

-Todd

Attachments

• dk5310se.png
    dk5310se.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 167
   / Kioti DK 5310se hst #2  
Congratulations and welcome to TBN! I think you will be very happy with the Kioti. They are a good tractor and mine has served me well. Keep us updated on your projects.

/ Kioti DK 5310se hst #3  
Nicely setup tractor, very similar to the options I added to mine several years ago.
Enjoy your new machine!

/ Kioti DK 5310se hst #4  
Congrats Todd! looking forward to hear about your experiences with it. I'm just getting started with mine and I'm wondering how I ever did without it.

/ Kioti DK 5310se hst
Thanks everyone, we're looking forward to it! currently have a couple in mind but I'm sure the project list will grow a bit when I have it on site.

The sales rep said that he was hoping to get it in the queue to get the tires loaded this week. I plan to follow up with the dealer tomorrow to see how that's going, get a rough guesstimate on a delivery date and of course I'll take some more pics when I get it home.

-Todd

/ Kioti DK 5310se hst #6  
That is a *very* good price for that tractor. Practically a steal. You did good.

/ Kioti DK 5310se hst
This rolled up the driveway today! (I also elected to buy the workshop manual as I want all the information I need at my fingertips. There's quite a lot to read and learn about but I'm pretty excited :D)

Attachments

• backing-up-the-drive.png
    backing-up-the-drive.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 208
  • Off-the-truck1.png
    Off-the-truck1.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 172
  • Off-the-truck2.png
    Off-the-truck2.png
    7.2 MB · Views: 181
  • workshop-manual.png
    workshop-manual.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 226
   / Kioti DK 5310se hst #8  
Kubota was no more expensive than kioti, LS, Branson, and Mahindra. At least not when I shopped two years ago.

Deere carried a heavy penalty though.

/ Kioti DK 5310se hst #9  
You did really great getting the shop manual for your tractor. Rarely do I see tractor owners getting the Shop manual until years later, and only when they face a major repair issue. Read the operators manual thoroughly, and enjoy your new Kioti tractor.

/ Kioti DK 5310se hst #10  
congrats Todd! Looking forward to seeing some work pics.