Kioti DK5510 regen cycle

/ Kioti DK5510 regen cycle
Jay, what year is your tractor? If mine is in regen when I’m operating and the light isn’t on, I’ve never noticed. But your probably right that’s it’s happening and I just didn’t know at the time.

/ Kioti DK5510 regen cycle #12  
Mine is a 2021. The engines are the same regardless of HP. They do that with ECU tuning.

/ Kioti DK5510 regen cycle #13  
Hi. I am still stuck on "limp mode.'' Does that mean it is powerless or not usable? during regen. If so, that does no sound normal. I think I would have a conversation with the dealer about the "bringing down the throttle before regen. That sounds counter-productive if doing the manual. But maybe that is an attempt to initiate the process. 5 minutes on the phone could answer a lot of questions if everything doesn't add iup otherwise. Best Wishes.

/ Kioti DK5510 regen cycle #14  
Yes, for a manual regeneration you do bring it to idle, set brake, neutral, etc
This should only occur if for some reason the tractor was unable to complete an "active" (aka automatic, or passive) regen during normal operation. Normally, the "Regeneration Underway" light will come on when the ECU initiates an active regeneration based upon differential pressure across the DPF among other things. If for some reason the condition worsens it will give the "DPF Warning" light. At that point you are required to do a "parked" Manual regeneration. If you neglect to do that, or if for some reason it doesn't resolve the condition, it will go into limp mode. I think at some point it may require a visit from the dealer to do a forced regen and reset the ECU but I am not completely sure on that part.

/ Kioti DK5510 regen cycle #15  
That is better. Seems pretty normal. I guess I don't pay too much attention to it. On my tractor, I just make sure the throttle is full and continue work until the light goes out. I have never gotten to a limp mode. That surprised/somewhat confused me. Thank you - clear description.

/ Kioti DK5510 regen cycle #16  
Bill9068: Most likely you are only noticing the two regens because you experienced partial blockage of the DPF. Passive regens probably occurred during an extended work period of your tractor, and you failed to note the light on the dash, and this occurs mainly in daylight hours.

Passive regens account for 85% of all regens on my tractor, and most times I first detect the regen by the Sulphur odor or very slight increase in RPM. Only then do i check the dash.....and sure enough my tractors is doing a regen. Mostly I just continue working normally and the pasdive regens last about 12 minutes. My Kioti tractor does Passive regens every 28 hours....like clockwork.

/ Kioti DK5510 regen cycle
Your probably right. I’m usually watching what I’m working on and not fixed on the dash. I’ve had no problems with my tractor so I’m guessing everything is normal and I’m just not noticing. How long do your passive regens last? 10 minutes, 20?