3-Point Hitch Kioti hitch missing bolt

/ Kioti hitch missing bolt #1  

RJJR

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti DK45 HST
Good evening,
Thought I'd share this with other owners to save you a headache. I was coming home from bush hogging when my 1000 lb cutter fell off one side of the tractor. Got off to find out what was going on saw my arm on the right side of my 3-pt. hitch was disconnected from the tractor and binded up under the tractor. I regularly put a wrench on bolts but have failed to tighten this one. Fortunately, I was close to home and had just come off the highway or I'd have made a real mess. I nursed it to the shelter cutting a fair size trench along the way.

Kioti missing bolt 001.jpgKioti missing bolt 002.jpg

Hope they have them in stock.

/ Kioti hitch missing bolt #2  
My 2006 DK45 had pins held in place with bale pins. After losing one while bush hogging (with resulting damage to several tractor parts!), I had the bale pins replaced with bolts. It would be nice to have greasable pins, but not if they backed out like yours appears to have done.
BOB

/ Kioti hitch missing bolt #3  
Same think happened to my finish mower on my Bobcat 235. Driving back to the barn and the mower fell off on the right side. Turns out the nut came off the bolt. I couldn't get the nut back on as the bolt threads somehow got stripped when the mower fell off. Bobcat dealer had none in stock and said they weren't ordering anymore. Ended up getting an exact replacement at TSC. Get more than one.

MoKelly

/ Kioti hitch missing bolt #4  
Something to be said for the old cotter pin, or safety wire.