Kioti LK3054 steering column leak

/ Kioti LK3054 steering column leak #1  

Tator33

Tractor
1995 Kioti LK3054
HELP PLEASE!!!! I have a kioti LK3054 tractor. I believe The year model is 1995. I am leaking fluid out of the top of my steering column. My seal is bad at the bottom of my steering column. I would like to order the seal the bushings and the dust cover. Only part number I can find is for the dust seal. I have called several Kioti dealers and they tell me they don't offer that seal anymore. Anybody know the size of the seal or a part number that I can purchase one from?? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

/ Kioti LK3054 steering column leak #2  
Hello:
I noted your question is now 6 months ago; however, if you still need information about this problem eMail me at jmont54@earthlink.net. I had the same problem and the Kioti Parts Manual for the LK3054 only shows a general picture of the steering system. I, however, have a tremendous dealer and has gotten me both a breakdown of the steering system as well as part numbers. He discovered the LK2554 had identical steering as the LK 3054 and all gaskets and O rings are available. The LK2554 parts manual gives a complete breakdown of the steering. The seal number is a NOK seal and can be ordered from Finditparts.com priced at $10.00+ each; however, they require purchase of 4.

/ Kioti LK3054 steering column leak #3  
HELP PLEASE!!!! I have a kioti LK3054 tractor. I believe The year model is 1995. I am leaking fluid out of the top of my steering column. My seal is bad at the bottom of my steering column. I would like to order the seal the bushings and the dust cover. Only part number I can find is for the dust seal. I have called several Kioti dealers and they tell me they don't offer that seal anymore. Anybody know the size of the seal or a part number that I can purchase one from?? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same problem with my 1996 lk-3054,,,I talked to the dealer also and got the run-a-round to. They suggested to go to a place that rebuilds the hydraulic rams and more than likely they can hook you up the seal and O-rings needed fot that stearing column. I plan on doing mine this winter sometime,,, looks like the dash has to come off with what I can see so far..I can stay in touch with you to let you know if there are any problems as to give you the heads up on doing your if you like ...If you have already done yours how did it go??? Any problems with it??? Randy Akron, oh

/ Kioti LK3054 steering column leak #4  
Hello:
I noted your question is now 6 months ago; however, if you still need information about this problem eMail me at jmont54@earthlink.net. I had the same problem and the Kioti Parts Manual for the LK3054 only shows a general picture of the steering system. I, however, have a tremendous dealer and has gotten me both a breakdown of the steering system as well as part numbers. He discovered the LK2554 had identical steering as the LK 3054 and all gaskets and O rings are available. The LK2554 parts manual gives a complete breakdown of the steering. The seal number is a NOK seal and can be ordered from Finditparts.com priced at $10.00+ each; however, they require purchase of 4.
Would like to get the information above I have a steering column leak.

/ Kioti LK3054 steering column leak #5  
I'm in the same boat. I have a LK2554 that is leaking hyd fluid from the top of the column. I ordered a seal but have yet to break down the shaft assembly. Otherwise this little tractor has been a blast and a huge help on my property and I'd like to get this resolved so I don't keep adding fluid and leaking it all over the place... I'll share any info I find along the way.

Apparently this post is the same exact setup as yours but the photos are gone. That would be REALLY nice to see them...

/ Kioti LK3054 steering column leak #6  
I had the same issue but I just replaced the bushing and upper seal and have not had a leak since. That was about 4 years ago.

/ Kioti LK3054 steering column leak #7  
I had the same issue but I just replaced the bushing and upper seal and have not had a leak since. That was about 4 years ago.
From the post i copied and pasted above, I purchased the Oil Seal and Dust Seal from Messicks. I've torn down column and it's pretty straight forward but I did NOT see the old dust seal when I took it apart. Where does it go?

1632188226514.png

/ Kioti LK3054 steering column leak #8  
The seal goes on top of the bushing and just under the steering wheel.

I did not remove the shaft at all from the tractor. I pulled the steering wheel, removed the old dust seal, then the bushing. Then put new bushing, seal and the steering wheel back on. It has been a while ago but that is best I remember.

/ Kioti LK3054 steering column leak #9  
Thanks for your reply. I believe the previous owner removed it and shoved a really thick rubber washer in the shaft to act as an anti-wobble bushing. He boogered this thing all up but I'm determined to get it back to 100%.... ISH. haha