Kioti now tier V?

/ Kioti now tier V? #1  

Skeptiksks

Tractor
Kioti ck3510hst
From my first main posting here I had an issue with my 2020 kioti ck3510hst. I was originally told that the codes I was throwing had to do with the DPF sensor and also something with a wiring harness. I got a call today from. The dealer saying that they were wrong. Apparently kioti has been making tier V motors for a bit now and one ended up in my machine. The dealership wasn't aware of the change and they are now waiting on an updated test kit to figure out what the problem actually is.

Anyone else aware of this? Is it bunk? Am I the only one? Because I'm apparently the first customer my dealer has seen this happen to. If it is true, then folks ought to be aware that things might get funky yet again thanks to the EPA.

/ Kioti now tier V? #5  
My 2021 Kioti (in Australia) has a Tier 5 engine. This straight from the horse's mouth today, so to speak (my state-based tech rep).

My machine does not have DPFs, DEFs, or any other obvious Tier 4 emissions gear.

I believe the Tier 5 engines feature lower noise, vibrations, etc. Certainly the factory tested/calibrated fuel injectors have individual serial numbers which are input into the ECU for it to do it's magic. This I know because the ECU in mine was uploaded with the latest firmware today, and those injector serial numbers had to be input after the update.

So how we don't need DPFs etc in this country (for ag machines) is a mystery to me.

/ Kioti now tier V? #6  
So technically it's not called Tier 5. The correct term is Stage 5 and Kioti (USA) has been putting these in all tractors over 25Hp for about a year now, as they are required to. If you get a Tier IV engine you got a tractor or engine that was either produced or "allotted" before Stage 5.

/ Kioti now tier V? #7  
So technically it's not called Tier 5. The correct term is Stage 5 and Kioti (USA) has been putting these in all tractors over 25Hp for about a year now, as they are required to. If you get a Tier IV engine you got a tractor or engine that was either produced or "allotted" before Stage 5.
Exactly, Stage V is the emissions requirements going in effect this year in Europe. It was suppose to go in 2021 but got delayed. It pretty much sets the same standard as the USA have been doing for a couple years now.

Before, only the tractors above 50HP had some sort of emissions on it, either DPF, DOC, whatever.

I'm sure Tier 5 will be a thing in the USA soon though as it seems they're working on it: https://dieselnet.com/news/2021/11carb.php

/ Kioti now tier V? #8  
We first started seeing a couple stage 5 engines tractors on the dealer lots (USA) in the first quarter of 2019. I remember at kioti University for technicians in Feb. 2019 and they were telling us about the new stage 5 emissions coming, unknown to them (kioti) some dealers already had them on the lot!
All usa stage 5 emission tractors have dpf and egr.
The easiest way to identify a stage fuel filter has a spin on filter with a clear bowl at the bottom where tier 4 has a solid metal spinon filter
Main difference in a stage 5 vs tier 4 in fuel filter ,inj.pump , injectors, ecu program and CAN bus signal to the hour meter for dtc codes in case of a cel light ( which is not a bad idea)
I understand the reason for stage 5 in USA is to meet the requirements for their European market which also meets and exceeds the USA tier4 requirements

/ Kioti now tier V? #9  
I'm considering buying a new Kioti CK3510HST with loader and grapple. Does that model
have the DEF system? Service manager says no, salesman says yes---