Kioti NX 4510

/ Kioti NX 4510 #11  
Still curious about these "First Regens" at such high hours. Mine regenerates every ~40 hours. So far all have been auto initiated during use. A slight change in engine note, a little odor, which causes me to look at dash and say, "Oh, it's doing a regen". It has gotten to where I can almost anticipate an auto-regen based on hours since I use my tractor mostly for mowing the field.

Have either of you ever had your "light" come on and "hit a button"? You may have cancelled the auto-regen. The only reason I would see to do a "parked" regen under normal circumstances is if the light came on (regen started) as I was finished with what I was doing. I would then either find something else to do with it for the 10 - 20 minutes or just find a place to park it and kick up the RPMs until it was done. Two years and > 250 hours I have had absolutely no issues with my DK4510.
No I haven't. Parked regen on a kioti has a different light notification than a passive regen. Parked regen requires the operator to stop, please tractor in neutral , parkining brake engaged, throttle on idle, hold down regen switch for over 2 seconds. Regen is supposed to take over at that point and last for approximately 40 minutes. Apparently you have not had a Parked regen. With that many hours you should have. You too are probably in for a rude awakening. I hope not.

/ Kioti NX 4510 #12  
Still curious about these "First Regens" at such high hours. Mine regenerates every ~40 hours. So far all have been auto initiated during use. A slight change in engine note, a little odor, which causes me to look at dash and say, "Oh, it's doing a regen". It has gotten to where I can almost anticipate an auto-regen based on hours since I use my tractor mostly for mowing the field.

Have either of you ever had your "light" come on and "hit a button"? You may have cancelled the auto-regen. The only reason I would see to do a "parked" regen under normal circumstances is if the light came on (regen started) as I was finished with what I was doing. I would then either find something else to do with it for the 10 - 20 minutes or just find a place to park it and kick up the RPMs until it was done. Two years and > 250 hours I have had absolutely no issues with my DK4510.
My passive regens like you are referring to occurred regularly from 13 to 20 hours apart.

/ Kioti NX 4510 #13  
No I haven't. Parked regen on a kioti has a different light notification than a passive regen. Parked regen requires the operator to stop, please tractor in neutral , parkining brake engaged, throttle on idle, hold down regen switch for over 2 seconds. Regen is supposed to take over at that point and last for approximately 40 minutes. Apparently you have not had a Parked regen. With that many hours you should have. You too are probably in for a rude awakening. I hope not.
So that is what I meant when I asked if it was the first regen. I meant of any kind. How often did you have passive (auto) regens? How did those go?

Edit: your reply crossed with mine.

As mentioned I use my tractor mostly for mowing, running ~ 2500 RPM. No issues so far, no need for parked regen so far.

Last edited:
   / Kioti NX 4510 #14  

I have read, but have no personal experience about, that it is not good to allow your diesel tractor to go into regen while it's still cold.

If you understand regen, it's dumping some serious fuel into the system, either on the exhaust stroke into the engine or with an independent injector. I doubt they're using an independent, separate injector.

I know nothing about it through personal experience but, if I had a tractor that required regen, I'd look into it. I would also look into keeping the regen switch on 'deactivation' until the engine is at full operating temperature. If that is possible.

Also, I'd run a good 5w-40 Synthetic in any tractor that uses regen. I am definitely not a part of the Amsoil crowd, but I do believe in 5w-40 syn for anything that has to do a regen. Big Diesels are a whole different ballgame. I'm talking the smaller diesels we see on CUT's. I also think part of the problem is the ECM's on the smaller tractors (-100hp) are not as sophisticated as they could be. Getting sidetracked. Just look into it. ;)

But my understanding is that going into regen when your engine is cold is uncool (pun intended). I believe LS MTron had/has a serious problem with this.

Just trying to help.

/ Kioti NX 4510 #15  
   / Kioti NX 4510 #16  
The instructions in the manual are confusing at best, misleading at worse. I originally read that to mean that when the "regen light" came on I was to follow those steps. I was fortunate to see better descriptions of these lamps on this forum. There are actually two "regen" lights... the "underway" lamp and the "warning" lamp. The manual does not clearly instruct you to just keep working with the first which is more of an "FYI" indicator. You are supposed to keep RPMs at ~PTO speed until it is finished. The operator can cancel the passive regen if it is not a good time to do it. I have made the decision to always make time to let it run. That section of the manual does not address the "underway" lamp, it jumps straight to the "warning". The "warning" (as I understand it) would mostly occur if for some reason the passive regens were summarily cancelled or did not keep the DPF clean for some reason.

1675696413167.png

/ Kioti NX 4510 #17  
The instructions in the manual are confusing at best, misleading at worse. I originally read that to mean that when the "regen light" came on I was to follow those steps. I was fortunate to see better descriptions of these lamps on this forum. There are actually two "regen" lights... the "underway" lamp and the "warning" lamp. The manual does not clearly instruct you to just keep working with the first which is more of an "FYI" indicator. You are supposed to keep RPMs at ~PTO speed until it is finished. The operator can cancel the passive regen if it is not a good time to do it. I have made the decision to always make time to let it run. That section of the manual does not address the "underway" lamp, it jumps straight to the "warning". The "warning" (as I understand it) would mostly occur if for some reason the passive regens were summarily cancelled or did not keep the DPF clean for some reason.

View attachment 782670
If you turn to 'deactivation' on your regen switch, will it prevent a regen? Or does it -- Whatever.

If it were me (it isn't) I would keep my regen switch off until my engine was nice and toastie. IF that's an option.

I don't like the idea of a diesel trying to regen while it's cold. Diesels don't like the cold anyway. The whole idea of a regen is to burn off the soot in your DPF. If it isn't hot enough, what happens? Hydrolock? I don't know but if that happens, you just bought a new engine. And what happens if your DPF isn't hot enough to burn off that extra fuel? I don't know.

I don't like the whole thing. It sucks because -- It's stupid. And it's stupid because the people behind it are stupid.

/ Kioti NX 4510 #18  
If you turn to 'deactivation' on your regen switch, will it prevent a regen? Or does it -- Whatever.

If it were me (it isn't) I would keep my regen switch off until my engine was nice and toastie. IF that's an option.

I don't like the idea of a diesel trying to regen while it's cold. Diesels don't like the cold anyway. The whole idea of a regen is to burn off the soot in your DPF. If it isn't hot enough, what happens? Hydrolock? I don't know but if that happens, you just bought a new engine. And what happens if your DPF isn't hot enough to burn off that extra fuel? I don't know.

I don't like the whole thing. It sucks because -- It's stupid. And it's stupid because the people behind it are stupid.
If the warning light comes on when the engine is cold, it is recommended in the instructions to let it warm up before pushing the switch.

/ Kioti NX 4510 #19  
Regen might be a secondary issue. It would be helpful if you could put your location in your profile so that we have a better understanding of your operating environment.

I'd check on the fuel situation. Verify that you don't have water in your filter or that there's blockage happening: I encountered blockages in my fuel line from/at the tank due to frozen water (pellets); bad fuel cap was letting in rainwater. If you have water in your fuel your sensor should detect that: as noted for me, water was freezing IN the tank and blocking the fuel line out in which case the engine was being starved for fuel.

/ Kioti NX 4510 #20  
If the warning light comes on when the engine is cold, it is recommended in the instructions to let it warm up before pushing the switch.
Yes, and I believe that the passive regen would never start until the engine is at operating temperature. At least that has been my experience. It has always been after I had been operating for at least 30 minutes.