Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #11  
Country, how to you check those hinge mounts? In my mind it's like those are closing too tightly now, like I need to shim them out (to allow the front edge to come in farther). It's really a puzzler. Not sure exactly at what point (and how) it managed to all of a sudden (it seems) change. But, as I said, I am in and out of the cab a LOT.

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #12  
Open the door and see if the hinges are bolted or welded to the cab, I don't recall and can't look at mine till tomorrow, as for the other half of the hinge , it's bolted to the glass through rubber mounts, could be the mount has loosened or even one of the rubber bushings have torn or become dislodged.

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #13  
OK, got around to getting some more data points on my issue. I noted that the right-hand side door doesn't have the issues that the left-hand side door does. The problems that I see are:

1) I can no longer get the double-latching to work (won't even catch on first latch/click- bounces) by pulling on the door handrail (or by pulling on the tab on the inside of the door latch cover);
2) The top forward edge (assume top as well) of the door is clearly closing and hitting way ahead of the lower part of the front edge.

Here's what my hinges looks like (no idea whether there's any adjustment or whether the problem I'm having could even be addressed by adjusting them):
IMG_20171106_145838041_HDR.jpg

Here's what the alignment looks like when door is only engaged at the first latch/click (need to zoom in to really see):
IMG_20171106_145755358.jpg

Last edited:
   / Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #14  
Pics don't work for me for some reason. Does the striker bolt and latch line up good or is one off just a bit? The bolt should also be adjustable. But the door should fit squarely in the opening of a chance of breaking the glass by uneven pressure is very possible.

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #15  
Not sure why the pictures decided to stop showing. "Fixed."

Striker doesn't really factor in here as I cannot get the necessary adjustment out of it (reference the second picture). It's like the glass itself has warped! That of the cab frame tweaked:eek:

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #16  
Not sure why the pictures decided to stop showing. "Fixed."

Striker doesn't really factor in here as I cannot get the necessary adjustment out of it (reference the second picture). It's like the glass itself has warped! That of the cab frame tweaked:eek:

DieselBound, good pictures. Yep, sure looks to me like there is actual warpage in the glass panel! I don't see how hinge adjust/misadjustment, or latch/striker plate adjustment, could account for this. Your bottom pic shows a pronounced outward bow at mid-point, relative to the door jamb.

I'd open the door and hold a straight-edge against it to confirm. Snap another picture of that, then do the same on the opposite door for comparison, since some bow may be intentional by design. I'd email your pics to your dealer to see what they think. I suspect they'll follow up with Kioti in Wendell.

This might be a warranty issue. Some warpage is expected in tempering and heat-strengthening glass. https://www.dillmeierglass.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Dillmeier_Downloads_TolerancesP2.pdf

Perhaps this was a panel just on the margin of tolerance that slipped by QC. Internal stresses might account for the bow gradually getting worse over time.

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #17  
Hinge alignment and adjustment would have everything to do with the glass becoming farther out at the bottom then the top, yes the latch bolt would not have anything to to with that issue. I was going by what he said at one point in his post about it not even latching on the first click , but then he goes on and saying the bottom pic is with it latched on the first click. The door worked properly up till recently, so something has either bent, came loose or broke letting the door slip out of alignment.

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #18  
CB, I agree completely if it were the top or bottom that's out. It's the bow at midpoint shown in the pic that puzzles me.

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #19  
Yeah, I see what your talking about but the doors are curved from top to bottom, even were the handle mounts is curved. On mine it looks the same way on both doors, if you look close it appears the weather stripping is a bit fatten out in the center that it is on the top and bottom half of the door.

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #20  
Interesting. I haven't actually been able to check on my own tractor. Laid up with a broken ankle right now. :(